Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A FEW OF THE MENU ITEMS FOR MY PARTY

Tuesday November 20, 2012 10:38 am

 
I am sitting here and sipping my coffee as I just finished a writing assignment for school and I am still in the mood to write a little, so I thought I would give everyone an update on my little party. I have been (again) studying the last meals which have been served to men and women on death row and I thought I would incorporate some of those meals into my end-of-the-world & last-meal party.

If I decided to be really cheap, I could serve what was requested by Victor Feguer... a single un-pitted olive. (That last meal request was a pretty funny one.) However, some of the others were very extravagant. In fact, one was so costly and extravagant that it caused the state of Texas to do away with last meal requests entirely!

A few of them have had take out foods from Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and even KFC. So, in keeping with that theme I will order certain food items from each of those restaurants, and for dessert I will have on hand some mint and chocolate chip ice cream as that is what McVeigh had for his last meal.

I will also have someone bake a pecan pie as that was something that Rector had asked for as part of his last meal, but he never ate it. He said that, “... he was saving it for later.” I thought that remark was hysterically funny. I guess even killers can have a sense of humor? I guess the idea that such men could be funny will be my segue into the “killer clown” Gacy's last meal: his was one of the more extravagant orders and it involved something from KFC, so I will order the same thing he did from there.

Thinking about what to serve for the party did make me consider something? What meal would you choose... if you knew it would be your final meal! These men and women who died at the hands of the state (because of their own bad actions) did have one advantage that most of us will never have? They knew that what they were eating would be their last meal. For most of us... that will never be true. Perhaps the coffee I am drinking, which is now beginning to cool, yuck... might be the last thing I consume? If I knew that were true, I feel confident that would not be my choice. How about you, what would you choose to eat or drink if you could have anything in the whole world and it was to be the last thing you ever had?

I suppose for me I would choose something I have never had and would never have an opportunity to be able to partake? For my drink I imagine it would be a certain wine. An example of what I might choose is an Australian wine. This particular wine I am referring is a Cabernet Sauvignon and it was made from some of the oldest vines in the world. There are only a dozen bottles which have been produced and they are expected to sell for more than $150,000.00 dollars apiece. Yeah... give me a glass of that!

For my entree I would like to try a meal from the restaurant Shigetsu in Kyoto, Japan. I would especially like to try a dish which is called, Nasu Dengaku which is an eggplant with a miso topping. (Yum!)

Of course, for dessert... it's a no-brainer: cake-pop! (:

Alright, how about you? If it were your last meal and you knew it, and could have whatever you wanted... what would you want? 

I hope all who reads this has a blessed and fun day today!