Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just Some Stuff (Added Another Picture)

Saturday November 24, 2012 9:32  am

I thought I would write this morning with just some odds-and-ends of happenings. I was at work and sitting at my desk and looking up an item for a customer when something very strange happened? Out of the corner of my eye I saw a young (well-dressed) girl walk by and all of a sudden something happened which hasn't happened to me in more than 20 years. I smelled her perfume... or at least, I thought I did?

One of the girls from another department was waiting on her so I turned to her and I asked her to see me once she was done waiting on the girl and before she left my department. So, after both of our customers left I explained to her that I had lost my sense of smell more than two decades before... and yet, when the young girl she was waiting on had passed near me I could smell a really nice perfume. So, I asked her if she could tell if the girl had been wearing anything unusually sweet, or strong? She thought for a second and then said, "No." So, I guess it was just a fantasy smell?

I have been taking a zinc supplement for several weeks and I thought it might actually have caused my abrupt turnabout. But, that doesn't appear to be the case ):

Three of Steph's girls stayed overnight so I picked up a movie that they could watch, it is called Big Miracle and it's based on a true story... and it was pretty good.

I guess I haven't been paying a lot of attention to E lately and she must be feeling neglected? Anyway, as I was typing this I glanced over and saw where she was climbing on my thermal conductor... so, I snapped her picture (:





Finally... after closing (again) tonight, I get tomorrow off! I hope all of you have a great and fun weekend!!!

Hazel, the only one of the three girls who is awake is behind me and pulling on a set of resistance bands I have hooked to my closet door. Even though they are not set for high resistance as she is reaching high for them they are still trying to pull her small frame off of the floor. She is giggling... and very cute! Now, she is trying to tell me a story about Hallie... and something about "Sonic" and just because he is on t.v. thinking he is real? But, with her lisp and bouts of laughter I am not altogether sure what she is saying? Regardless though, still awfully cute (:


I had already finished typing and had uploaded this blog and was checking my email when Hazel came back in and was wearing a pair of reading glasses that belong to "Grandma" and she had apparently taken my watch from my desk and she had it on. She was standing nearby and waiting on me to notice.

She was so cute I asked her to sit in my chair and I would take her picture... and yes, she is even more ornery than you might imagine from her picture (: Only a child growing up in our day and age would say what she next said. I was grinning at her as I watched her run out of my office and at the door she turned and said, "Don't put this on Facebook!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Not only was the remark very funny, she has this great lisp that is hysterical. Honestly, I am still laughing as I am typing (: