Wednesday, November 21, 2012

ANOTHER REASON I'D LIKE TO RETIRE

Wednesday November 21, 2012 8:23 am

With the reason I am writing about today, I am now at one million, nine... and counting of reasons I am ready to quit work (: This reason today has to do with "time" not being my own ):

This morning I have a few things to do first, then I have to shave, shower, and get ready to go to work. I am on day three of a run of seven out of nine days closing... and I greatly dislike closing!

Anyway, with tomorrow being Thanksgiving (and the following day ... 23rd. being a special (23) anniversary day for me) I was going to write a blog about being grateful for what, or who we have known? Typically whenever I get an urge to write I just sit down and type. But, because of the holiday I thought I would plan a little better and I even had a Pooh quote ready to use: "Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."

That was my plans for tomorrow... an early morning Thanksgiving day blog. Then, late last evening at work I get a call from a man who was also at work and he works for the same company I work for. I used to work with him at another store before I transferred (last year) to the store where I am now working. Confused yet? lol

I'm not even sure how we started out talking about what we have been doing lately, my end-of-the-world party, and then ended up (heatedly) discussing tattoos? Crazy huh? Anyway, this man who works full time at his job is also a pastor of a small church: and, I think a really good guy. Ever since I first knew him he has been one of the faithful readers of what I write.

We probably spent about ten minutes trading verses back-and-forth on the phone... it was great! Finally, when we were about done I told him that he knew I was going to have to write about our discussion and I was going to point out all of the flagrant misuses of the Bible that he and others like him had to use... in order to hold his (their) views on the subject. I finished by telling him that I was going to "...let him have it." He assured me that he was not thin-skinned and he, "... could take it." We both laughed and I agreed that of all the people I know... I do think he could take whatever I said without getting upset. (The man I am writing about was one of the lay preachers who prayed with me when I was very sick.)

My reason (# 1,000,009) for wanting to retire is that I would have the time today to write the blog about tattoos and then my other blog for tomorrow... if only I wasn't working ):

So, tonight after I get home from work I am planning on writing, probably a lengthy blog, about tattoos. I want to warn any of my pastor friends who has (at least in the past) read much of what I have written and say that you will want to skip my next blog. Because if you don't... if you actually read it, and assuming you really do believe the Bible... well, you will no longer be able to hold onto your current position on the subject... and I know how stubbornly most of you want to hold onto the traditions of men which has been passed down from previous generations. Even though they are bad traditions, and poor Bible teaching... you still want to keep them.

Knowing how much I hate confrontation and debate (: I am loathe to do it, but I feel I must (: