Saturday, December 14, 2013

TIME OFF :)


Saturday December 14, 2013 6:41 am

I am officially on vacation! I don't have any particular plans to go anywhere but I am off work, and for that I'm grateful! I had tried to get off through the 20th but another person in my department had started their vacation that weekend so I do have to work Friday, but I requested an open so after work I will get my third... of only four (ever planned) tattoos.

As of this writing I have a rose tattoo on my right arm which I got on the first day of fall 2012. The fall of the year has for a very long time been my favorite season and I like doing things that are important to me on certain days or seasons of the year which also holds some special significance. My last tattoo of Virgil (My Friend!!!!!!!) I got on my most recent birthday and next Friday (20th) I will be getting an anchor tattoo on my right (inside) forearm. Then, one day I also want a tattoo over my heart and after that I will be done with tattoos!

Any person who stops by to read this blog will see that I write things that are of no particular importance at all. Usually I write about certain things which are happening to me or those around me. I'm only saying this so that if you are new to this blog and you keep returning hoping it might get better or become more interesting? Well, don't hold your breath waiting... because I can assure you that it will not!

I have a few errands to run this morning and then this afternoon we have our annual Christmas party at our middle daughter's (Missy) house. I think this might be the 19th year we have been doing this? Last Christmas was the first time in all those years that we did not go to Actor's Theater to see A Christmas Carol. Nonetheless we always have a good time when everyone gathers together for a party. This year "The Scavenger Hunt" returns! A few years ago we had the first ever scavenger hunt which involved everyone being divided into teams and then driving over the bridges between Louisville and Jeffersonville. I can only say that my youngest daughter drives like a crazy person when she is involved in a game like this.

With as many people as there were on teams a lot of cars were involved. The clues lead to certain landmarks in and around the two cities. As each clue was solved we found additional clues which had been previously hidden at those landmarks and those found clues would lead to still yet another destination. Anyway, a couple of times Bob and I (on the same team) would end up at a location about the same time as Steph would arrive. Once at the Louisville Slugger Field we heard tires screeching and Bob and I turned to see (we had already been at the spot reading the found clue) and it was Steph and her gang and we watched (laughing) as doors flew open and everyone raced out of her car to where we were at to also read the clue. Then, as we were leaving she literally cut us off driving away, she did this twice... it was pretty funny!

Bob and I ended up winning that day and I (naturally) told everyone it was superior brain power that won it for us. Of course, all the girls having to drag the little ones along with them in their search for clues had absolutely nothing to do with slowing them down! “Excuses,” I told them it was just excuses! Lol I've already been informed though that Bob and I have not been assigned to the same team this year... poor losers, all of 'em :)

Bob is pretty funny though as he would continually send out false texts during the hunt that tried to lead the others astray. Then, when we were nearing the finish line he sent everyone another text imploring all to slow down and drive more carefully as we were now back at the house and had already won. Of course, that was a lie... when he sent that last text we were still a few miles away! Lol Anyway, it was fun and I imagine this year will be more of the same.

Today, for "luck" I will have with me "E" which is my little Duckbill Platypus (my traveling companion) and a couple of other things I sometimes carry or wear... I like keeping things I care about close to me :)

I hope all who reads this has a great day!