Thursday, November 28, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING -- 2013

November 28, 2013 9:46 am

Good morning and "Happy Thanksgiving" to my friend(s) and those I love more than life itself! I don't know how often I will write more blogs? When I stopped writing several months ago because I lost my beloved friend, Virgil :( I never intended to write another one. However, for two specific reasons... one of which is that this is my first Thanksgiving in the last 13 years I didn't awake with Virgil by my side, and for an entirely different reason which will remain unnamed: I have felt melancholy all morning, and I thought perhaps if I wrote something maybe I would feel better?

By now I know I wouldn't have any of the people who used to faithfully read what I wrote looking to see if I have written anything again. So, for whatever stranger might see today's musings I would like to give you some unasked for... yet, very sound advice. If you love someone with all your heart... never let even a single day pass without letting them know how you feel, for there might come a day when the last "I love you" has been spoken. Then, all that remains is an emptiness which can never be filled :(

I will stop this short writing with a quote from Longfellow: "Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."