Saturday, April 06, 2013

IT'S EARLY... WHO ALL IS AWAKE? PLUS VIDEO


Saturday April 6, 2013 5:23 am, 11:07 am

Good Morning! I wonder if there really is any person who is a “horse” or “dog” whisperer? Where is Dr. Dolittle when I need him? Because I am so tired... and were it not for the fact that I love Virgil so much (and he is also sick) I would probably be upset with him. However, I can't find it in my heart to get that way with him. It's funny how love works :)

For at least the umpteenth time since midnight (and whether or not umpteenth is a real word is immaterial to me this morning) I would feel his big head lay on my arm and I would once again get up. Then of course it becomes a guessing game. I tried laying down in the floor with him on a blanket... nope, not what he wanted. I tried coaxing him outside... wrong answer! “Are you hungry” I asked? I'm not sure if I guessed what it was or not but I did just finish feeding him small bites (from my hand) of lamb and rice from one can and Alpo meat chunks from another.

Did you ever see the movie Ghost busters? Remember their slime machine? I look at my watch, it's 4:55 and I look at my fingers, they are coated in slime. Slowly I spread my fingers apart and I watch them and it looks like I have grown a slimy web filament between each finger. I suppose it must be a combination of the juicy meat coupled with his saliva and I my hands now look like Ben Chapman when he was dressed as the Creature from the Black Lagoon. (Just as an aside... for a campy movie if you have never seen that one you ought to try and watch it. It's sort of like a song I was told about some time ago... it's so terrible it's fantastic!)

So, I am sitting in my kitchen in a straight backed chair at almost 5:00 in the morning with exceedingly slimy fingers, and just Virgil and my thoughts: which by the way continually stray to another time and place... and I find all that I can do is laugh. So I do. He just stares at me which is even funnier. So, I lean down and kiss the top of his head and feed him a bit more.

I thought that perhaps I had guessed right because when I came in here to type he lay down in my doorway. But, I was wrong. His head is now resting again on my left knee, so I guess I will wrap this up and allow the guessing game to continue. This is so much fun and a real treat for me... honest. My fingers were crossed even as I typed that last sentence :)

I just took his picture to show you his big, sad face against my knee. His mouth is still wet from the food :)







This first picture is a sign on the wall in the laundry mat. The second picture is the row of washers that this sign is directly across from. I walked beside one of the washers and the top hits me about mid-chest. Anyway, I figure if a guy or a girl comes into that place and they are big enough to just turn around and sit on top of one of these... well, that would be like the 800 pound gorilla, you probably would do well just to let them sit anywhere they like :)