Saturday, March 30, 2013

28 DAYS PLUS VIDEO AND PICTURE

Saturday March 30, 2013 6:11 am, 5:45 pm

Although I guess the title for my blog this morning is also the same as the name of a movie... that is not what I am writing about today. In reality I have two time periods I am thinking about. One is past (90 days) and the other is upcoming in 28 days. I have a nice trip and a short hike planned in late April: 28 days!

Of course, having begun December 31, 2012 today is also my 90th day being vegan. I have three observations this morning. First: this time eating only vegan has been far easier than the other times I have ever tried eating this way. Secondly, I had only intended to try this for a 90 day period: however, at least to this time I do plan to keep eating this way until ??? (I really do not know how long as I am not setting any stopping point today.) Thirdly.... my how time flies!!!!!!!

I leave for work in about 30 minutes as I open... yayyyyyy and then I open tomorrow and am off for two days after that. When I go back on Wednesday I work three mid shifts and then I am off once again for the weekend. Deb leaves tomorrow for Hilton Head and will be gone for eight days. Because I will also have the complete care of the dogs this week I could not have asked for a better work schedule as this will allow me to be able to keep them in a similar routine as to what all of them are used to doing.

My video for the day I will add to this blog after I get home from work. I hope all my cherished friend(s) have a great day today and a fun weekend... and as always: be careful!

I thought I would also include a love poem this morning from George Etherege. He titled this work, Sylvia

 
The Nymph that undoes me, is fair and unkind;
No less than a wonder by Nature designed.
She's the grief of my heart, the joy of my eye ;
And the cause of a flame that never can die !

Her mouth, from whence wit still obligingly flows,
Has the beautiful blush, and the smell, of the rose.
Love and Destiny both attend on her will;
She wounds with a look; with a frown, she can kill!

The desperate Lover can hope no redress;
Where Beauty and Rigour are both in excess!
In Sylvia they meet; so unhappy am I!
Who sees her, must love; and who loves her, must die!

(I will leave it up to you, my readers, to determine if this is a love poem or not? I actually believe it is and one that is well-written.)





Even after 8:00 in the morning...