Saturday, March 23, 2013

39 YEARS PLUS VIDEO

 
Saturday March 23, 2013 4:58 am, 10:41 am

I remember when I believed that any person who had lived for 39 years was old! I remember when I was 39 years old! I have now been married for 39 years! I am ancient!!!!!!! lol

Last evening I was at a school function and out of the 125 or so people who were there I was probably the oldest person in attendance, other than the key-note speaker and maybe one or two visitors? Of course, that fact is probably part of the reason that I feel my age this morning. The other part of that reason is probably due to the fact that 39 years ago today, and at the age of 18 I became legally married. That is, in the eyes of the state of California I had a piece of paper that said I was. (Although we had been living together the previous six months before that date.)

We lived in Sunland, California and at the end of the road where we lived there was a church and I stopped in that one (because it was closest) and the pastor married us in his church office. When he was done I asked how much I owed him? He told me to give him what I thought it was worth? Well, based on that statement I figured he owed me money. Lol

After we were officially a couple and some pictures were taken... I took Deb to a very fancy restaurant for a meal. I mean, any restaurant that had a set of big golden arches above it had to be fancy... right? Many years after that on the same anniversary date I took her back to that same restaurant (although in different states) and we had the same meal: McDonald's Big Mac and fries! Yep, I went all out in celebration! Lol

I hope all my friends and loved ones has a great day today!!!!!!!


(I do need to make a correction about something that I said in the video which I just watched for the first time. This was a 6 mile 10k race. I actually called it a six kilometer race on this video.)