Thursday, March 21, 2013

SHAKESPEARE -- SPRING PLUS VIDEO

 
Thursday March 21, 2013 5:58 am, 5:35 pm

Punxsutawney Phil was wrong this year! Of course, I can't speak for other parts of the country with certainty but at least in my small portion of the globe we are setting records for low temperatures. Don't you just have to love all this global warming :)

Nonetheless, coat and all I'm still doing my best to enjoy this very early part of springtime. Naturally I will enjoy it a little more once I scrape all the frost from my car windshield and run the engine until my heater gets warm. Today I open (my favorite shift) and when I get off at 3:30 I begin my vacation and I will be off until the following Friday!

I am running short on time so I will not try and expound upon Shakespeare's poem, “Spring” but I will copy and paste it for all to read.


When daisies pied, and violets blue,
And lady-smocks all silver-white,
And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue
Do paint the meadows with delight,
The cuckoo then, on every tree,
Mocks married men, for thus sings he:
'Cuckoo!
Cuckoo, cuckoo!' O word of fear,
Unpleasing to a married ear.
When shepherds pipe on oaten straws,
And merry larks are ploughmen's clocks,
When turtles tread, and rooks, and daws,
And maidens bleach their summer smocks,
The cuckoo then, on every tree,
Mocks married men, for thus sings he:
'Cuckoo!
Cuckoo, cuckoo!' O word of fear,
Unpleasing to a married ear. 


Sometimes I get upset when I know I shouldn't. It is not because I do not trust God and believe that He is all-powerful and capable... because I know that He is. It is just that because I do not know His mind I seldom understand His will. Having said that I would just like to publicly thank Him for being good and answering several of my prayer requests this week in a wonderful way! Thanks, Lord... thank you very, very, much!!!!!!!