Sunday, March 24, 2013

BEARS, PORCUPINES, TIGERS & MORE PLUS BABY TIGER VIDEO

 
Sunday March 24, 2013 8:46 am, 7:31 pm

I will upload the video I take for today sometime later this afternoon. The pictures and videos I am putting on now were all taken yesterday. The first picture I am including was taken yesterday in front of our house and it is of my favorite animal in all the world... my dog Virgil!!!!!!!

One of the things that we did yesterday was to go to a wild animal sanctuary. The man and his wife have had this in the Charlestown area (about 25 minutes from our house) for the last nineteen years. He has 11 tigers, lions, cougars, panthers, grizzly bears, foxes, porcupines, a Lemur, and many other animlas.

Tammy, our oldest daughter, had sent me a link when we were on our way to the movies so I called the number and we made arrangemnts to go there after the movie was over. It was a fun experience. I am going to provide the link for their sanctuary just in case any of the people who read this blog might like to donate to them. With the number of nimals they take care of they can easily go through 250 to 300 pounds of meat every single day!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildlife-in-Need-Inc/121998891181886

Sometime today I will add my other video. I hope all of my friends and those I love the most has a great day today!










In the video above while the guy was talking to a group of other people I had been reaching through the fence and scratching these two tigers on the tops of their heads and baby-talking with them. I noticed whenever I was doing this they would "talk" back to me. I thought it was really neat... the guy not so much. When he saw what I was doing he told me not to do that :)






We were allowed to get into the cage with a very young tiger to pet and play with him. He liked to play bite and even though he is a baby he is still very strong. One guy, just ahead of us, came out with a hand that was bloodied. I think Deb was afraid of the same thing so she wasn't quite sure :) The little guy got me once as I was trying to scratch under his chin but he only drew a few drops from me. In neither case was he trying to hurt... he only wants to play but even at a young age they are still very powerful.






I have a brief video I recorded of him and I will upload that one whenever it comes through to my mail. I quit playing with him and stepped back when the owner saw him get a little rough with me and I didn't want him to cuff the little cub because of it. Again, there was no intent on his part... just a playful attitude.





The next video is my one from today coming home from Planet Fitness.