Monday, April 01, 2013

IT'S EARLY, AND... IT'S APRIL FOOLS DAY! PLUS VIDEO AND PICTURES

Monday April 1, 2013 3:42 am, 9:44 pm

I guess I'm up so I thought I would write for a little while and talk to anyone who might be out there? I lay down about 11:30 and I must have fallen asleep rather quickly... about 1:00 though I felt Virgil's face against my side. (He sort of just lays it there as if he is resting.) I got up thinking maybe he had to go outside, so I let him out. I called to Stella but she wouldn't get up.


I came back inside and lay down... and again I fell asleep. I had no idea how much time had passed when I felt Stella scratching my arm with her front paw. She is different than Virgil in that she is insistent. I looked at the clock: 1:37. I couldn't believe it, maybe 20 minutes had passed since I came back inside with Virgil.

This last time I awoke it was because I could hear Virgil's short, sharp, breaths against my ear. (The last time I came back inside with Stella I thought I would lay on the floor in the living room as I thought this might cause both of them to rest better.) This time it was 2:18. I wasn't sure, unless he was just restless what he needed? Anyway I thought he might be hungry? Stella heard me pop the top of the can so she came running too. As I was feeding them the cat came in whining so I fed her also. (Even though I had fed them before bed last night I went ahead and dropped some extra flakes in the goldfish bowl just in case they might try and splash around and find some way to wake me too.)

Now I am sitting in a somewhat darkened room typing aimlessly to no one in particular. But, if you are out there I say, “Hey.” (I just took Virgil and Stella's picture as they followed me into my office. If I receive it in my email before I stop this blog I will upload that picture also.)

Well, the 'Gang of eight' apparently is on the brink of a major deal? Also, there was a 75 car pileup in Virginia, and... apparently Michelle Obama “stuns” in her Easter outfit. Just in case you enjoy the news that is what popped up on my screen as I just opened another window. I also just read that, “Shakira flaunts her svelte bod.” Hmmmm, try saying that sentence five times very quickly. (After I thought of that I just tried it, and it's really hard to do.)

Apparently now at least someone can sleep. I just snapped my second picture and Virgil and Stella are fast asleep in my office :) For a long time I have had some problems sleeping. Usually it is two-fold with me. That is I can lay for a long time trying to will my self asleep before I finally drift away. Then, if I am awakened for any reason, regardless how long or how short the time was that I got to sleep, I find it extremely difficult to get to sleep again.

I guess I will try and do a little schoolwork now. I hope all who cannot sleep and are reading this also might find a way to be able to get some rest. Neither picture I took has come through yet so later in the day when I record my video I will upload those at that time also.

Another thought I just had is about how quickly time passes. As of today we have now lived in this house for three years! That doesn't even seem possible. Have a great day everyone!

I hope all of you gets a chance to find someone and play an April Fools joke on them. I was going to tell you about a really good one that I once heard... but I can't remember exactly how it went? I think something about, "your shoe is untied?" I don't remember now... but it was really good :)