Friday, January 01, 2016

AFTER ALL... IT IS A NEW YEAR!

Friday January 1, 2016 8:35 pm

I knew better than to try and make any resolutions... I mean, why set myself up for failure? (This is not my first trip to the rodeo.) Anyway, even though (on purpose) I made no resolutions I still do have some things I'm hoping to change in this new year.

I seriously do not believe it is really possible to reinvent yourself... many have tried and all have met with failure. Yet, I do think true change is possible, yet extremely difficult. Were that not true then every person alive would be living a better life in the new year then they did in the previous year.

I very much like this quote by Teddy Roosevelt... because not only is it true, it also takes away all excuses. Because no one has to wait until some imaginary obstacle or some goal is achieved before starting: I leave you this night with his words.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."