Monday, April 27, 2020

BINGE WATCHING

Monday April 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I have a couple of anniversaries to celebrate on this day. The least significant one is that I retired two years ago today. It is because of that one though that I am able to binge watch shows if I so choose? Last night I began a show on Netflix and I am now on the second season episode 4... Stag.

One thing I especially like about this show is that the protagonist keeps reminding all who will listen is that everything that happens to people, whether good, or bad (and it's mostly bad) is happening because of decisions that all have chosen. And chosen is the optimal word because none were forced to make the decisions which has thus far led to all of the events which has happened. Although overstated, almost in cartoonish exaggeration... yet all the violence in the series would actually be a logical outcome if real people made the same choices in their own lives.

I like shows like this one where there is a well defined protagonist and an obvious antagonist. This show was following that formula with Bateman playing the role of a hero, even if one who is soiled and he had his antithesis in Morales (Del) until he was unceremoniously dispatched by a shotgun blast to his face! I have to admit that one caught me by surprise! 

Anyway, so far other than by reputation I have not yet seen who the main antagonist will be? 

So, I'll probably go back and finsih episode 4 of the second season and save the rest for the next day or two.

So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! I believe a gift of wool or copper would be in order :)