Friday, July 13, 2012

HELLO AGAIN

Friday July 13, 2012 8:41 pm


I know... twice in one day. Anyway, in the past whenever I have had troubling events happen I have (at times) asked some of you to pray with me. Would you please do it again?

Maybe five minutes ago I learned something, so this time I have a special "unspoken" prayer request... God knows what it is though, and He is the one who matters. Even now... as you are reading this, or at least later tonight if you pray before turning in, please pray for some people with heavy hearts.

Dr. Hyles used to say that, "... the world is a veil of tears." And, of course, he was right. I mean, there are good times and happy times, else life would not be worth living. However, even in the good times there is still heartbreak all around. So, as you read this, if everything in your world is smooth-sailing right now: just take a moment and thank God for that truth... then pray for those you know, and even ones you might not know, who are carrying a broken heart around with them.

There are many verses in the Bible that I like... but my favorite phrase in all the Bible is actually three verses taken together. Christ is speaking and He says, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV).