Friday, January 11, 2013

CHESTNUT STREET

Friday January 11, 2013 5:26 pm

No one, except probably for family would ever believe the type of money I was making during the time we lived in this house. It was at the height of sales volumes for my stores and we were really doing well.

At that time I had the respect of the president of the company I worked for (Rexair) and there were many doors that were open to me: from speaking engagements to many other opportunities. In the end... I walked through none of them. There was one "door" I would have prized above all others and now I will never even know for sure if it were even possible for me to have followed? I will always and forevermore consider this house as the place I resided when I had the biggest potential failure of my life ):

Apart from appearances the house was really neat, 10' high ceilings and very old. I did not know how old until I had gone down into the dirt (hand-dug) basement and saw that it was built on split logs! I couldn't believe it... so I made a trip to the courthouse to check records and saw that the original structure had been built prior to the Civil War!

I hope all who reads this has a great night and weekend. I am off for the next couple of days so I am going to enjoy watching some movies and going to the gym at probably odd hours and working out. Monday I start back to school and I will have less time to call my own.

Tonight I am going to watch first PS I Love You. I have been told it is sad so I am going to watch it first and if it does make me sad I am going to watch Batman the Dark Knight Rises last. That way... maybe watching Batman kill off a bunch of bad guys might cheer me up. lol