Sunday, December 20, 2020

HELLO AGAIN, HELLO

 Sunday, December 20, 2020 10:11 PM

This song (Hello Again) has been sung by many artists through the years, but I like Neil Diamond's version the best. My favorite song he sings though is Red Red Wine. However, that song would not fit for tonight's blog.

I know it's most probably the season, still fall at least for the next seven hours or so and then winter officially begins. Season or not I still can't keep myself from feeling melancholy. I had a friend once say to me during the course of a conversation while we were reminiscing that what I was describing was bittersweet. Now, I'm an avid reader so I was not unfamiliar with that word but that day and in that context it took on a new meaning for me... hence (memory) my feelings of being melancholy.

I suppose in life we can't always be sure why we feel the way we do... and truth-be-told I imagine it's seldom any one thing, more than likely it's a culmination of every day occurrences? Nonetheless, a single thought or an average of 40 conscious thoughts per second... seems to make no difference to me. Tonight, my slogan shall be, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" As I simply choose to be melancholy and I will wallow in my misery :)

Although for many today there are reasons to celebrate and be happy, and beyond happy to be content... which is a far better choice: contentment!

So, for those who ought to be celebrating today, please do so... and with my blessings! Of course, I too have many reasons to feel celebratory, it's just that at certain seasons, certain times, and certain days I think of missed opportunities and I feel sorrow. 

Honestly, I know it's just a self indulgent pity party for one that I'm experiencing, and honestly if my knees worked better I would kick my ownself in my own arse and say, "Get over yourself!"

So, if any living person still reads my blogs I will leave all of you with the mental imagine of me hopping around my office on one bad knee and kicking my own arse with my other bad knee while repeatedly crying out, "GET OVER YOURSELF... GET OVER YOURSELF... GET OV..."