Monday, June 22, 2020

CRAP!

Monday June 22, 2020 10:17 pm

First, nothing is wrong, at least no more so than usual. Secondly, my title (CRAP) will have nothing to do with tonight's mindless blog. I had just finished a letter to a prisoner, (this one from Texas... I think out of the many dozens I have written Texas certainly has their share. Although the last two have been Rhode Island and California respectively.) and I thought I would type a blog. So, I sat here trying to think of a title and I couldn't think of any... so I thought, "Crap!" And as an added bonus I feel confident I have never yet titled one of my blogs crap. To be fair the majority of these might have been crap, but I certainly don't recall giving them this particular title. Anyway, crap is succinct, and maybe even apropos? I mean, it could be since I have zero idea what I'm going to write about.

Let's see: On June first I typed a several page letter to President Trump at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I along with my youngest daughter had not then... and still have not yet received a stimulus check. Now, I do not pretend to be intelligent but I do have enough sense to know he would never see it: my hope though was that it would be forwarded to someone who could look into this. Not nearly so much for myself but certainly for my youngest daughter. Thinking about her not yet getting it I have to say, CRAP!

I had driven to the Jeffersonville post office and I paid 7.75 to have that letter (it could have been mailed with a single stamp) sent and it was slated to arrive in two business days. According to tracking info it arrived eleven days later (June 12th) to the White House. 7.75 to take eleven days to go 600 miles! According to Travelmath I can drive from my front door to the Whitehouse in nine hours and six minutes. You know what, CRAP! No, I take it back, I mean, HOLY CRAP! I think my title is now highly appropriate!

On a side note, as I type this I have a (somewhat profane) comedic sitcom playing and it isn't even particularly funny... so, I'm sitting here wasting my time, watching something not funny while typing a blog that might never even be read by anyone!! So, crap, crappity crap crap and double crap!!!

Ok, I'm all crapped out... night.