Tuesday, July 17, 2012

SHOES, GIRLS, PHONE CALLS, & ICED TEA

Tuesday July 17, 2012 7:52 pm


Have you ever fallen asleep in the middle of the afternoon... then upon waking, everything seems surreal? I haven't done that in a very long time, that is fall asleep in the afternoon or have this strange feeling upon waking?

I got off work early this afternoon as I had to go and pick up some tennis shoes and I hate to shop for myself, but it worked out okay. We had gone to a place where if you buy one pair of shoes you get the second pair for half off. So, basically for the price I might have had to pay for a single pair, I was able to get two... one for me and one for Deb. Anyway, as soon as I got home I meant to go back to my office and start working on school work, instead I put on an old movie and fell asleep on the couch while watching it. (I suppose I was physically more tired than I realized?)

The doorbell ringing woke me and it was two of our granddaughters being dropped off to spend the night. Deb had set up three nights this week for cousins to stay together. Tonight it is Rachel and Morgan, the two oldest girls: after that, Thursday night will be Hallie and Erika, and that will be followed Friday night by Hazel, and Leni... if Leni will stay? To date, she has never been away from her mom for the night other than when Missy was having Clydie. So, we'll see how that goes?

Two of the boys stayed the other night as we are trying to get everyone over for a night before school starts back. Of course, Manny, Savvy, Audrey, Trinity and Clydie are still a little young for a sleepover. I know... I know... I am supposed to be doing school work instead of aimlessly typing... but I am still trying to get over this feeling of being weirded-out, as soon as this feeling passes I'll do what I ought and start doing my work.

I hear the girls giggling and talking in the next room... they are eight and nine going on 15? It's still sort of cute listening to them. I plugged in a fan next to me on my library table so I can hear their voices, but I can't make out what they are saying... that only seem right? I wish you could hear them just now, I don't know if it is something playing on television or maybe one of them said something both thought was incredibly funny? Whatever the reason, they both just laughed loud and long... in unison (:

Often while I am at work I get personal calls, the company I work for is really good and they say nothing about it. Of course, if I am with a customer I answer and let the person know I will call them back in a few minutes. Anyway, I still carry an old flip-phone and about noon my phone started ringing and I glanced down... and my heart skipped a beat! Tentatively I said, "Hello." (The screen on my phone is small and I could only (clearly) make out the first three numbers.) It was the wife of an old friend and he was passing through town and had gotten turned around, and was needing directions (:

For the next two days I am off work... hooray! Of course my excitement is tempered by the fact that I will mostly be typing and taking tests in order to get everything in by this weekend. I keep a running total (each week) of the work I have thus far completed... and what still needs done. According to my notes as of this time (7:41 pm) one class is done for the week, and the other two classes I have already uploaded 3 assignments for each class. For English I still have one chapter to read, one quiz to take, 2 peer review articles to write for two other students, and a 2,500 word first draft to write for my own peer review for an argument paper which is due the last week of school.

The other class, Criminology, I have three chapters to read. Three chapters! Who assigns three chapters to read for one class and in the same week? Then, I still have two power-point presentations and three quizzes to take, and each quiz is a fifty minute timed test! I'm already mentally exhausted just reviewing what I still have left to do!

Next week is my last week for the summer! Regardless the workload it will be an easy week for school for at least two reasons. First, I know it is the last week so that makes it easier... then, I have four days off work so that will make it a lot easier to get everything done. The summer semester ends July 29 and the fall classes begin August 20, but, with only two classes a week stretched out over 16 weeks it will seem like nothing at all for me to do.

Well, I just found out we are out of tea as I had asked for a glass of iced tea and instead I got flavored water. Actually, I like flavored water as I drink it a lot... but, it isn't that good when I was expecting tea? So, I am going to quit now and go to the store and buy some tea, then when I get home, I really will start on my school work.

I hope any who reads this and realizes they just wasted ten minutes of their life that they will never get back... forgives me for wasting their time writing something so trivial. I guess I wasted your time and mine because I am feeling disoriented? Did I happen to mention I am a little weired out right now? lol

Have a good night everyone, your very strange blog-writing friend is now gone tea hunting!