Tuesday, January 22, 2013

E IS SLEEPY

Tuesday January 22, 2013 5:47 am

The picture I am going to upload is one I took of the Moon and Jupiter last evening. Actually you will have to take my word for it that Jupiter was also in the picture because the aperture on my phone does not stay open long enough to capture the light from an object which is that far away.

Although last evening it was obvious that the two gave the appearance of being close, this sight was even better this morning about 3:00, but this time the distance between them also appeared to be greater. (I hope my friend(s) all got to see this last night also?)



















With the extreme cold and the many ice crystals in the air both late last evening and early this morning the Moon appeared to have a halo surrounding it: all-in-all it was a pretty good show.

Today's video, of all things, is my local post office. I know, I bet all of you are eager with anticipation to see this one! It is now 4:55 am and all that I am waiting on (and have been now for 30 minutes) is for my video to upload to my email so I can forward it and finish my blog. I am not sure why... but sometimes my video will upload withing seconds and there are other times (like now) when it takes a very long time to come through. There is probably a better way for me to do this, but I am not sure what it would be?

Sometimes Deb sleeps in the playroom and I keep my door closed on my office so I don't bother her. Just now I heard a soft scratching and when I opened my door it was Virgil pawing on it. He's such a funny little guy, when I smiled down at him he looked up at me and yawned great big! What I really like is as he is finishing one of these big yawns he also makes a chuffing sound in his throat: then, he shakes his head sideways. Sometimes he does this so hard that his front paws lift a little from the floor, so he looks like he's doing a two-step dance. (I think that maybe he is trying to come fully awake?) Perhaps it is the hour of the morning only, but when I was describing Virgil yawning it caused me to yawn also. I just yawned again. This time I did what Virgil does and I tried to imitate the sound he makes in his throat... then I shook my head sideways to see if that helped? (It didn't, although now I do feel a little dizzy!) Maybe I shook my head too hard? lol

Well, it is now 5:03 and I am finished but my video is still not ready. So, I am going to go and fix breakfast and wait until it is time to leave for work. Hopefully this will come through before I have to go in. If it doesn't I will upload it after I get in from work this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day!