Wednesday, January 23, 2013

PARTY + VIDEO & PICTURES

Wednesday January 23, 2013 6:44 am & 7:54 pm

I thought that I would go ahead and write my blog this morning and then this evening whenever I get home I will update it and add my video. Right after work I am going to a restaurant in Clarksville for a retirement party for one of the guys from work.

To be completely honest I am only going because I was invited and it is between work and Planet Fitness. So, after I clock out I will go there for a little while and then workout before I go home. I am curious to see how many will show up from work? Grumps was not universally liked. Even in the retirement party announcement I was given, his real name wasn't used. It simply stated that a retirement party for "Grumps" was going to be held at Rooster's in Clarksville.

I suppose there are some curmudgeon's who carry it off and are still well liked... Grumps wasn't one of them. Having said that, I did like him because I thought it was funny that he just didn't care what any person thought. Customers, associates, management, they were all the same to him, he didn't like any of them. (lol) And if any person reading this believes I am making any part of this up... that only means that you have never met him.

He always reminded me of one of the grouchy muppets... you know, one of the three that always sat in a balcony. Physically he even looks like one of them. I am probably going to record this evening's video at the party. I thought of trying to record Grumps for a few seconds but I am fairly confident I would not be able to post it... at least if I made an audio recording? it always proved difficult for him to say more than a few words in a row without swearing. I will try though to take a still picture of him. At least that way no one can tell if he is cussing or not.

Oh well, at least Rooster's has an entertaining staff who usually aren't too hard on the eyes :) I hope everyone has a great day today!



This first picture is Grumps (Rich) it turned out he smiled a lot. Perhaps it wasn't people or life he hated... just his job :)






















The next one is of the party room he had set up and we were now ready to go in. After I first got there I went straight to the enclosed bar area to wait until the room opened.





















The last one is the video for today. I didn't realize it until I got home and watched it to be certain it came through... anyway, I gave the wrong date. In my defense I was distracted. I guess it was good that I at least got the day of the week right.