Monday, February 18, 2013

FANTASY IS OVER, BACK TO WORK ): PLUS VIDEO

Monday February 18, 2013 9:05 am, 1:38 pm

(Virgil and I are back from the doctors and he has a new round of medicine but I am more optimistic about him now... so, to our (Virgil and mine) friend(s)... THANKS for your prayers!!!)

 
Last evening three of Steph's girls came over and spent the night. For the most part they entertain themselves in the playroom eating fun things and playing dress up with some of the dolls. I sat in the living room with Virgil and finished a movie I had started a couple of days before. All things considered I had a wonderful night! Once I fell asleep I even (mostly) slept straight through until this morning.

After our vet begins to see his patients for the day I am going to take Virgil in to see him. Even Virgil seemed to have a good night and I think the swelling around his middle section seems to be less this morning! So, for my friend(s) and loved one(s) who have prayed for him I just want to say, “Thank you” for your prayers!!!

I will probably video him as I am driving him there in a few hours. Dr. Moore's office opens early in the morning but he only see “patients” twice a day: 12-1 and 5-6. Other than those two times that he sees the animals the rest of his day is spent in the treatment, or surgery of the animals he has already seen. I had to pause for a minute as Deb was trying to give Virgil his medicine and he ran back here for me to “protect” him from her. HAHAHAHAHA

He does this every time, after awhile a person would think that he would figure out that all I do is talk to him and scratch his back as she is shoving another pill down his gullet. Poor little guy ):

Well, I hope all who reads this has a wonderful day today! As for me, I close six out of the next seven days that I work. No fun, no fun at all! I am though looking forward to a couple of short trips I have coming up. Were it not for the fact that I loathe wishing time away, I would just say “hurry up” and pass please.

One more thing. I was going to end here, I really was... then I heard the familiar voice of Alison. Although this song is not my favorite from her, Find My Way Back To My Heart... still there are some poignant lines, like... “When time gets so short 'So what?' turns to 'so long'” Then, of course the last verse is always a hurt. And the chorus ain't too bad either? Well, now that I reconsider... I guess the whole song is pretty good :)

Anyway... I want a do-over!!! (lol) It seems such a shame that we don't know what lies ahead in life and because of that we either make decisions, or sometimes we allow decisions to be made for us and then we are like players on a stage with well rehearsed lines that we are forced to act out! I'm thinking this morning that I wish that at least I could have been like some of the better actors who were so good at doing improv that they were sometimes better at that than following a script. If I were, I suppose I would say I know what my role is and my lines are well rehearsed... but I'm following my heart instead and I'm going to improvise.

I wish I could have been in life like Robin Williams was in movies... that is, off script but good. When he is telling Matt Damon what his wife does when she's asleep... this is in the movie Good Will Hunting, and Matt Damon can't stop laughing because what Robin Williams is telling him is not in the script.

Watch Damon laugh in this one... he can't stop :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tXYn2siblA

One of my favorite ones is in Midnight Cowboy and they are shooting a scene and a real NYC cab driver ignored the signs that they were filming and almost runs into Hoffman. Without breaking stride he slaps the hood of the car and shouts... “I'm walking here, I'm walking here!”

In the Dumb and Dumber movie the entire "annoying sounds" scene is unscripted, yet hilarious! Or one of my favorite movies and lines in all of cinema is when Bogart says, “Here's looking at you kid.” (Unscripted.)

Even Anthony Hopkins as Lecter telling Clarice that he ate his liver with some fava beans... then he makes that hissing sound... unscripted, but an important part of the movie.

However, just like me the other players on the various stages in life also have their own roles... and I suppose it's difficult to know what is the best life anyway... for anyone? So, I guess I will continue with my boring method acting... yeah boring! I'm gonna side with Hopkins on this one... method acting is boring and he and I both remain unimpressed :)

Well, you can blame these last many paragraphs on Alison... and all of her sad songs! (Tim McGraw is now singing, Please Remember Me.) I mean, c'mon... enough is enough is enough already :)