Saturday, February 09, 2013

THANKS FOR PRAYING FOR MY FRIEND!!!!!!!

Saturday February 9, 2013 7:14 am, 7:20 am, and 2:47 pm

 
I had an enjoyable night last night watching a movie... just one difference, seems to make all the difference :) However, now it's back to reality :( 

I have several errands I need to run today and one I hate the most... I have to take Virgil to the vet, he has been sick a lot lately and he had a bad night last night. I know there might be some reading this who wouldn't understand my request... and that's okay. But, if you are saved and often pray, would you pray for Virgil, please. He has been such a good friend to all of our family really, and especially to me! Anyway, I would honestly appreciate it if you would.

(I have been waiting for an hour or so for a couple of my pictures to upload of my little guy so I can include them. Instead of just waiting I am going to go ahead and publish this so that any person who would pray for him might read this and do just that. Then, once my two pictures are ready... I will upload those.)

I hope all who reads this has a fun... yet safe day :)

Virgil in our front yard this past fall.








Virgil staring at me as I am watching something on TV... he is vying for my attention :)







Video is on our way into Louisivlle to run an errand before heading to
Salem, Indiana.






The first picture is us on the way to Salem, and Dr. Moore's office. We are at a rest area as the dogs needed walked. The second picture is Virgil outside the office and we are waiting to be called. The cutest one is him on the table and wanting down. Deb is holding him back as I snap the picture. He had just had his temperature taken and he didn't like it. If you don't know how they take a dog's temperature, let me tell you. They take this cold thermometer and they sti... maybe I better not? lol

As we were leaving town I took a picture of the old Salem Courthouse. A few years ago a friend of mine collaborated on a short story with me and this town and some of its landmarks are what we were describing in that story.

I would like to ask all who read my post this morning to continue praying... but I am now hoping for the best. He has a fairly severe throat infection and he is swollen from his temple down through his neck. Dr. Moore gave him what he said was a very potent shot and then strong pills to take for the next seven days... if he is not better by then we have to take him back in ):













I want to thank everyone for praying... even if not necessarily for him, at least for my sake I am glad you did it. Although truth be known, he is more deserving of your kindness and good thoughts than I am. On the wall above the reception area there is a picture of a dog, and the caption beneath it reads:

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than it does its own self.

In one particular treatment room hanging on a wall is also a piece entitled:


                                               Dog's Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful, remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. 

3. Place your trust in me-it is crucial to my well being.

4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.

5. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends.  I only have you.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.

7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.

8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.

9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me? Perhaps I  might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long... or my heart is getting old and weak.

10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on my last difficult journey. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death. Remember that I love you.

I hope all who reads this has a good day... and remember God's admonition to mankind. Proverbs 12:10a: "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast..."