Tuesday, February 05, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY + VIDEO & ADDED PICTURE

 
Tuesday February 5, 2013 3:14 am & 9:12 pm

After I have worked all day and whenever I get home late it is hard for me to just shut things down and rest. So, I got something to eat and watched a little TV: then I thought I would write my blog early this morning. (Sometime later today I will record a video on my phone and I will upload it then.)

I had gone to Walmart on my lunch hour to pick up something in particular and to get Deb a few things for her birthday. As I was looking around to see what to get I was thinking about her age and suddenly it dawned on me... I'm married to an old person, how in the world did that happen :) Of course, she has her own cross to bear as I'm older than she is. All kidding aside, it's amazing how quickly life passes.

The type of toothbrushes I buy (vibrating) do not usually have replacement heads for them. So, every couple of months I get a new one, and that's what I was doing in Walmart earlier today. The picture I am uploading shows the only ones (in the Superhero line) that Walmart sells. It's crazy, I mean they have Darth Vader, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-Man... but where are the Superhero GIRLS??? C'mon, what self-respecting guy wants to brush his teeth using a guy Superhero? (Actually, were it not for a very funny joke (I can not repeat here) that I heard a comedian tell about dentistry I might not have thought anything about it... but no way would I do that now :)

Where are Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, or Catwoman vibrating toothbrushes? Doesn't the makers of these brushes know that guys also brush their teeth? While I was there shopping I even thought of another Superhero girl... The Invisible Woman. So, I started looking for one of those, and then it dawned on me: well, “duh” ... invisible! I mean, they could have an aisle full of them and how would a person know? So, I started feeling around on all of the empty peg hooks just in case they were there but I couldn't see them?

After a few minutes I quit, but not because I was blindly groping all of the toothbrushes and people were beginning to stare... no, I quit for a different reason. I mean, think about it... I sometimes forget where I put things. So, I figured even if I found one and used it to brush my teeth, what would happen if I laid it down somewhere and forgot where I put it? I am far too old to waste a lot of my time searching for my invisible toothbrush :)

So, if anyone reads this and you want to help a guy out... if you run across someplace that sells Superhero (girl) vibrating toothbrushes, let me know: of course, sans the Invisible Girl or the Invisible Woman vibrating toothbrushes.

I did find two different (girl) vibrating toothbrushes nearby: however, they don't count. I mean, one of them I saw was Disney Princesses and the other one was Hello Kitty. Honestly, I couldn't decide which one would be creepier for me to put into my mouth... Iron Man? (or) Hello Kitty? I mean, C'MON!!!

One might imagine it would be a simple thing for me to buy a toothbrush: apparently though I put too much thought into decisions like this... I hate shopping :) 








The video I was able to get of Steph's kids singing happy birthday to Deb... after that all of us went to Golden Corral to eat. That place is the Steph's girls favorite place to eat. In part it is because they have a chocolate fountain :)




This next picture is at the restaurant at the kids table and after everyone had pretty much finished eating and was just sitting and talking.