Monday, February 04, 2013

FOUND IT!!!!!!! + VIDEO

Monday February 4, 2013 8:45 am & 10:32 am

 
There is a great parable in the Bible where Christ is describing the kingdom of heaven and He likens it to a merchantman who was seeking fine pearls... and when he found what was, to him, that “perfect pearl” … he sold all that he had so he could go out and buy just that one!

I had just turned 45 and it was late one night, or early one morning I am not sure now... sometimes for me they run together in an endless blur: anyway, I had written my own parable. However, mine had to do with knowing whether or not I had found my soul-mate.

I based what I wrote in the same way that God described Heaven, and that was to describe Heaven not necessarily by what was there... rather by what was not there. (You know, no more tears, no more darkness, no more dying, etc.) I guess because I like the number seven I tried to imagine seven ways I could know who (for me) this person was... my “perfect pearl” if you will. I will try and explain at the end of my blog why I did it this way, rather than just naming certain attributes that would allow me, or anyone else to know if they have found “that one” for them. (I will give you a hint... it had to do with comparisons.)

After I finished taking my two tests for school last night I was prepared to search through every drawer and every box I have in my closet and (or) garage looking for what I had written so long ago. By a wide margin I have destroyed more things that I have written than I have ever kept. Even so, I knew that I would still have a lot of searching to do to see if I had kept it? Now, there are many things I write I immediately throw away, others I keep for awhile before destroying. So, before beginning my search I actually figured this had either been tossed or shredded long ago. However, in less than 30 minutes I found it sealed in an envelope that I had written on the front, “girl of my dreams.” I don't remember doing that but when I tore this envelope open my parable was there.

If you are an average person reading this blog then you have probably been in love during your lifetime more than once. For me there have been three times. So, that is why I decided I would write my list of seven things by comparison. That is... I imagined the three loves of my life and then I would write: “She is not the one ...” then I would finish each line with one of my seven thoughts.

On my paper I began with this one. I named names... then I wrote, “(name of girl) is not the one whose face haunts my dreams.” Of course, one of the three names would always change from ... “is not” to “is” and that is how I knew. I won't write out each one like I have on my paper, instead I will just record my seven thoughts. (Though each thing I wrote was different, all seven times I did this I had the same result.)

“ … is not the one whose voice I love to hear.”

“ … is not the one whose kisses I compare with every kiss I have ever known.”

“ … is not the one I whisper 'Goodnight' to every night before falling asleep and say 'Good morning' to upon first awaking.”

“ … is not the one whose name I call out in prayer dozens of times daily.”

“ … is not the one I become so jealous knowing other men have held her in their arms.”

Believe it or not, I really can count... at least to twenty if I use my fingers and toes :) But, the seventh one I won't record for my blog. And, for the record... I have now sent my short parable through my shredder.

In finishing I will say this. My first love taught me an invaluable truth... and that was that “true love” existed. I had never seen it before, at least not from anyone I knew. So, until her I guess I figured it was sort of like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. Just some fun things to tell people to make them want to believe in something.

Even though I had never read the Bible and didn't know such a verse even existed... looking into her eyes I could imagine how a man could be completely satisfied with only one girl in their life. A man would only crave, their caress, their kisses, their love... you know, a man leaves all others and cleaves only to his wife. I didn't know such a truth had already been recorded, but in my heart I knew it was possible. Though she wasn't the one for me, I will never forget her for teaching me that love was possible... and real.

I close tonight so it will be fairly late before I post my video for this day. I hope all who reads this has a great... and happy day!

(I had gone ahead and recorded my video for the day so after work tonight I will probably just head straight to the gym instead of coming home. The picture I am posting was taken just a few minutes before I shot my video. Virgil looks really cute stretched out on my floor :))