Friday, January 25, 2013

TIME PASSAGES... AND A GREAT PHILOSOPHER!

Friday January 25, 2013 7:26 am & 9:13 pm video & pictures




Today is slated to be a busy day for me as I have an errand to run this morning and from that being a starting point I have several different things I am supposed to be doing today. Having said that... almost any day I am off work is a good day :)

My video post will be late this evening as I am planning on recording a clip from Steph and Roger's vow renewal. After that we are taking everyone out to dinner, so by the time I get home and have this uploaded it could be 10:00 or so?

Is it alright to tell everyone that even at my age... I still have goals and dreams? I know that some I have are impossible, yet I still dream them. Although I understand what he means, there are times certain people can make things easier than they sound. In a book called, Conversations With God: Walsch wrote, “Here is the Divine dichotomy... the way to 'get there' is to 'be there'. Just be where you choose to get! It's that simple.”

Although I like the sentiment and on one level I completely concur: however, were it really that “simple” than I am not really sitting here typing in my darkened office this morning... for I must already be somewhere else? (lol)

Thinking about Walsch's dichotomy I will also give you one of my own this morning. I was thinking when I awoke that being able to actually see time pass before your eyes can be sweet, but also heartbreaking. Last evening three of Missy's girls came to spend the night: Morgan, Erika, and Leni. Driving home from work I picked up some pizza and candy treats for them. When I got in all three of them rushed to me and hugged my neck and I told them I was glad they were all having a sleep over. However, in my mind I was pretty confident that either Missy or I was going to be taking a late night drive and returning Leni to sleep in her own bed. (She has never before been away from her mom for a whole night.)

Anyway, they ate: Leni got her bath, and then all of them played games and watched movies. After that, Leni and her two older sisters fell fast asleep and all of them are still snuggled in bed and asleep :) I guess there was one point last night that was close? Brian always prays with the girls before they go to bed so he and Missy called them on the phone and talked to them. After Leni heard her mom's voice she was thinking she might want to go home? (lol) However, she settled in between her sisters and soon fell asleep.

I was going to send Missy a text this morning and tease her that Leni is becoming a big girl... but I thought better of it :) Because this passage of time that to me this morning is rather sweet, to her mom might be a little more of a heartbreak ):

My reluctance to tease her about something so very personal stems from something that I would never want to be teased about either. For I am always cognizant of another passage of time that is also another of life's many and varied dichotomies. I am well aware of the possibility of knowing a life of making sweet memories and at the same time knowing complete heartbreak!

Why can this life that at times seems so great as to be unable to imagine such perfection... can at other times be so hard that one might wonder... why? Why any of it? Is there any one out there who has only known the wonders of the world without the other things in life that spoil it? If so, please write me as all I would like to do is to just congratulate you on having such a blessed life. Really, that's all I would like to do.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both...” That, until I take my last breath will be my life's lament. Why was there not a way that I could yet be one man... and still travel both roads? I think I will end my blog this morning with words from one one of life's great philosophers... Joey: “Why God, why?” (I have even included a clip from this great man showing his angst, believe me I have both felt what he felt and asked the same question of God: albeit, for a much different reason :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTm6Ekub7I8

I hope all who reads this has a great day and I will upload my video later tonight.

I will first post the video and then two pictures of a potential wedding cake fail and then a pretty good salvage of the same cake. I got an early morning text from Missy saying she needed a "plan B" because of the cake she had just pulled out of the oven. However, she was able to patch it up and if a person didn't know any better they would have never known there was a problem.

After I post this tonight I will probably stop and perhaps on another blog I will add a few photos I took this evening.