Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A VACATION!!!!!!! + VIDEO & PICTURE

 
Wednesday January 30, 2013 9:54 am & 12:19 pm

I am not planning on using my blog only to write a menu... but every so often I might record what I am eating as an indicator of what I am changing in order to try and become more fit. By midnight tomorrow night I will have completed my first full month eating only vegan foods. Even now for breakfast I am eating (and between bites typing) a bowl of Bear Naked fruit and nut natural granola cereal. I also cut up two fresh strawberries to add to the cereal and I used almond milk. (The complete breakfast is only 250 calories.)

Originally I had thought about hiking today at a state park in Madison but we had a lot of rain last night, although it was not a particularly bad storm in our area. Anyway, even on a dry day the trails there can be pretty rough and now they would be sloppy as well. If I had an entire day to hike I wouldn't care, but I have a few other things I need to do so after I run a few errands I will take Virgil to the flood wall and I will just take a walk with him today.

Yesterday at work I was putting in for some vacation time and I had thought about an upcoming holiday I would like to put in for, but I was told by my store manager that he was blacking out that time and not approving any vacations during that time. So, I put in for an alternate date and I will probably have an answer in a couple of weeks. Vacations are fun!!!!!!!

Probably sometime in the early afternoon I will upload today's video. Maybe I can find a nice spot somewhere on the flood-wall to record there and I can get Virgil in my video today :)

I hope all who reads this has a wonderful day today! To all my friend(s) I just want to say that I had a nice time yesterday... even though I did have to work.




I took this picture of the Louisville skyline (in the distance) from atop the flood-wall in Jeffersonville. We were on our way back to the car at this time.









 
I was thinking after I got home a little while ago that my life (on any average day) is so very exciting and always so much fun that I don't know how my old heart stands up to it... let me give you some examples of what I mean.

After I left here this morning I stopped at Watson Water to pay a bill: then it was off to Clarksville and the AT&T store so I could make my payment. When that was done Virgil and I were able to get in a few miles walking on the flood-wall. Now, after I post this I am supposed to take Roger to pick up his car and when I get back home I will have to do some school work. Probably around that time I will fix something for lunch, then I will head to the gym and workout a little.

Later, once I am back home I will do some more school work and then there is a movie my brother gave me (weeks ago) and he keeps asking me if I have seen it? Until now I haven't... so I will probably do that tonight. I mean surely, isn't that how rock stars live? Fun and exciting things to do all day long. Wait... I almost forgot: I also stopped by the post office to check my mail! (Glad I didn't forget to tell everyone about that little nugget of fun.) I mean... the frivolity never ends :)