Saturday, December 21, 2013

IN A HURRY GOING NOWEHERE!


Saturday December 21, 2013 5:46 am

“Good morning,” he said, and once again no one was there.

Last night was the first night in eight days that I slept through the night, at least mostly. I hate colds! I haven't had a cold or even felt badly for the last several years so I'm happy that's true, but I don't like this now. A few days ago my head- cold settled into my chest which makes it harder to breathe and I cough a lot! However, a nice person at work yesterday gave me a dose of Alka-Seltzer Plus cold medicine to try and it seemed to help, so on my way home last evening I bought some and took a double dose before going to bed... so I think that helped me to sleep better. I still can't take a deep breath without coughing but at least it is not hurting like before when I breathe... so it appears I am on the mend :)

I might not mention this again but just as a reminder to any readers (especially if you are considering coming back to read more) that usually I write about things I'm thinking or feeling, or about people I know: so please don't expect this to get any better. (Not today or any other day for that matter.) I'm only writing now because when I do wake up (even though today I don't have to be up early) it is nearly impossible for me to fall asleep again so I'm writing :)

For the last hour I've been reading headlines from around the world and as usual it's all fairly depressing: apparently the whole world is going to Hell... and quickly! Maybe it is just that we see so much bad everywhere and all the time only because news can travel so much faster via Internet... and as some say, 'it' (bad news and bad people) have always been? But, really I don't think so. I think it simply is worse today then it has ever been before.

In ending this today I thought maybe I would inspire you (or at least cause you to smile) with some humor from around the world. So, I found a list of the top 50 jokes out there as voted on by users of Facebook? Well I thought... if these are the best 50 out there and voted that way by Facebook users, that is probably another reason I'm not on there anymore. I mean, these aren't bad... but c'mon! The first joke I copied was also voted #1.

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: ''Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!'' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: ''The driver just insulted me!'' The man says: ''You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.''

I swear, the other day I bought a packet of peanuts, and on the packet it said ''may contain nuts.'' Well, YES! That's what I bought the buggers for! You'd be annoyed if you opened it and a socket set fell out!''

A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named 'Amal.' The other goes to a family in Spain, they name him Juan'. Years later; Juan sends a picture of himself to his mum. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wished she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, ''But they are twins. If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal.''

(Since we are mere days from Christmas... I thought I would include this next joke as an old chestnut for you.)

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. ''But why?'' they asked, as they moved off. ''because,'' he said ''I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.''

In spite of wasting approximately three minutes of your life reading this, and btw... that is three minutes you will never get back! But, in spite of that I hope all who reads this has a great day!