Monday, January 06, 2014

BLUE MONDAY?


Monday January 6, 2014 7:55 am

Well, it seems that this day keeps arriving a little earlier each successive January. Supposedly feeling “blue” or this being the unhappiest day of the year for a majority of people is a combination of having many bad things happening at once, which affects people's moods and their general outlook on life. The formula for predicting this date was derived from several factors, e.g., weather, debt, (I suppose credit card bills from Christmas buying has just hit mailboxes) failed New Year resolutions... REALLY, less than a week in? HAHAHA and a few other factors are also used to try and come up with this unhappy day?

I think it could be accurately summed up as people coming to grips with the fact of this being the 'first day of the rest of your life' analogy and realizing it's really just another take on the SSDD syndrome... and even I have to admit than could be depressing! Regardless, it will be a fact that there will be a great spike in divorce filings today as well as bankruptcy petitions being submitted, etc. etc. etc. So, if you are on social media sites such as FB, Twitter, Pinterest, or any others I would imagine you are in for a barrage of negativity today.

So, maybe the handful of people who might read this blog today can and will buck this trend of unhappy people, and if for no better reason than wanting to be different we will try and find a way to be happy today! “No?” Well, truth-be-told it seemed like BS to me when I just typed it too. So, let's join the group and play along and find some reason, any reason, to just be mad as hell! In fact, let's do as Howard Beale did and all repeat after me, “I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!” HAHAHA Seriously, maybe at least sometime today you can find some time to find a copy of that old movie and watch it again, (Network) it really was pretty good.

In spite of 'Blue Monday' I hope all who reads this has a really good day today! Me, I'm getting ready to fix eggs, toast, and strong black coffee for breakfast and after that I'm going to brave this 1 degree temperature (and still falling) and I'm going to the gym for a bit. And as a reminder, all who are directly east of us (like WV) might be enjoying temperatures in the high 20's as you awake but don't feel too smug :) Because this air is moving quickly west to east and you will be dropping in temps all day long! I know, if you weren't depressed before you are now, right?

Have a good day :)