Saturday, January 11, 2014

MONKING IT!


Saturday January 11, 2014 5:42 am

As soon as I add this post this morning I am heading to the Abbey of Gethsemani for today and tomorrow. I was going to drive down last night after work but instead I chose to go to a party (go figure) and I didn't get home until a few hours ago, and now I have to drive down there to get in my room as early as possible for a headcount. (I feel like I'm back in the Army and sneaking into the barracks. Lol)

Other than the clothes I'm wearing and a few trinkets I carry I put everything else I'm taking into a plastic bag from Meijer's... my wife thinks it looks stupid! Hahahaha I figure if I'm supposed to be “monking” it for a couple of days I ought to try and experience a spartan lifestyle... don't you think?

This morning after only a couple of hours of sleep I feel surprisingly awake and ready to go again. Most people would imagine that many years of staying awake long hours and little sleep would adversely affect a person, right? So far, it hasn't seemed to bother me that much. And, I think I now know why?

Early Monday morning I received a surprise call from my doctor who wanted to go over some test results from blood work I had done in December. I thought we had already talked about everything in our last appointment but apparently one of the labs didn't report their findings until a few weeks late? Anyway, it appears that even at my age I have testosterone levels (820) at a range only found in much younger men: I thought, “Well, that explains a lot!” lol

However, my doctor thought we ought to discuss ways of bringing that down into a range more typical of men my age? WHAT??? IS SHE INSANE!!! She said we would “discuss options” during our next appointment. Trust me when I tell you this is going to be a very one-sided conversation, as I will do absolutely nothing to change that. I look around at other men my age who might be at those levels she is talking about and I can only say I want none of that! It might be just dandy for them but I say, “No thanks!” Standing in front of a mirror I see that I'm old, but that is not how I feel on the inside and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can if I have any say in the matter whatsoever :)

I hope all who reads this has a good day, and now... I'm heading out to play 'monk' for awhile.