Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A FEW THINGS ONLY


Tuesday March 25, 2014 2:09 am

FIRST: Because of my most recent blogs I received a second email, and since early last evening we have been writing back-and-forth. After we said our good-nights I wrote my answer to her most pressing questions: she had several. Verses, which at one time came so easily and readily to my mind now had to be looked up. Yet, because I felt it was important I didn't mind. Anyway, I finished just a few minutes ago, and because I'm still not sleepy and I have to be up in a bit anyway... I figured I would go ahead and write this blog now rather than waiting until later.

I hadn't talked to her in quite some time... in fact, she reminded me that since we last spoke it has been about six months!!! I started to argue that it couldn't possibly have been that long??? But, she is one of the few people I personally know whose memory really is better than mine... so I just shut up and agreed with her :)

Evidently these last two blogs I wrote struck a chord with certain people: yet, I was meaning them only for myself! Because of things like this I think I've learned to hate particular dreams, and some dates :(

SECONDLY: I suppose that (especially) because of this last email I have decided to take a little break from writing... just not sure how long? It could be awhile but I really don't know? I am planning to return sometime: however, because it could be awhile I do want to mark a date now just in case I'm not back on by then... and that is April 9. On that date it will be one year since I lost Virgil... my dear and beloved friend!!!!!!! It has been often said that a dog is man's best friend :) My friend Virgil, was just the greatest boy ever! I had two best friend's and one of them happened to be my dog... Virgil. Now, I have just one best friend left to me :(

In my heart I felt like it would be dishonoring him if I didn't write something about it. So, if I'm not yet writing again at that time I want to say now, “I miss you... and still I love you very much, Virgil!”

Thirdly: Yesterday as I was finishing that blog I spoke about hoping the next time I wrote that perhaps I could speak of something as innocuous and innocent as the weather? So, I guess I'll do that now. It is presently 43 degrees outside with a small southwest wind blowing. It is only cloudy now; yet, we are expecting a small dusting of snow over the course of the next few hours.