Sunday, March 23, 2014

40


Sunday March 23, 2014 12:01 am

A well-worn and overused idiom states, “time flies when you're having fun.” However, I'm living proof that time flies whether or not you're having fun: and with this blog I will prove that.

It's confession time for me and I will now confess certain of my sins. I do it because I should... I guess? But I will do it as I have done when I tried writing a book about myself. That is I will confess only my own sins... I would never try and confess for another person. I think all of us will either come to that or we won't? Now, when you read about this please remember... I never said I was any good.

Also I'm only going to be writing about one particular type of sin... and that is because of today's date and what that date has to do with my life.

40 year ago today we were 'legally married,' that is according to the sovereign state of California. Although, Biblically speaking we were “married” the summer before and not long after we met and by then... I had had many wives, and there were several of them I never even learned their names. And this fact about having wives is true even though I never walked down an aisle or sought the state's permission to marry. (That is a pretty sobering thought really, that is if you carry it out to its logical conclusion... and if you are a Bible believer? Matthew 5:31-32, Matthew 19:9, Luke 16:18, Romans 7:3... and probably 2 dozen more passages which all teach the “... two shall become one flesh...” principle and doctrine.)

I wonder how many men out there, if they only knew I had “known” their wives before them that I would be a curse word on their lips every day that they live!!! And simply because their “wives” and I had known each other before! And now, because of that... EVERY SINGLE TIME time they innocently lay down with the woman they believe is theirs, they are committing adultery... even if they are unaware!

That is of course if God recognizes marriage today the same way He recognized EVERY SINGLE “marriage” recorded in the Bible. Here is just one example, but every SINGLE TIME you read of a marriage they are married the same way. In the dark, in a tent or someplace like that. “And Isaac Brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, (“took Rebekah” means they had sexual intercourse) and she became his wife...” (Genesis 24:67) Notice, no marriage before entering the tent but clearly married while in the tent: and that without ceremony, or any type of formal wedding party.

Sadly not only does the physical act of sexual congress between two people create a marriage, it also Biblically ends one as well. That is if either spouse commits adultery (lays down with another) after having joined themselves to someone beforehand. Paul is admonishing the saved when he uses the one flesh doctrine. I Corinthians 6:16: “What? Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? For two, saith he, (God) shall be one flesh.” (United in marriage.)

So, adultery (Biblically) ends a marriage and that is the only cause (fornication/adultery) which allows for a “writing of divorcement.” And if anyone doubts that see what God said was the reason He “divorced” Israel. Jeremiah 3:8: “And I saw, when for all the causes wherein backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away and had given her a bill of divorce...” Notice why God divorced Israel... for the same sins as her “sister” Juda! “... yet the treacherous Judah was not afraid, but went and played the harlot also herself.” In this example you will read further that they “committed adultery” by giving their selves to other “gods.” We, (humans) commit adultery by giving (joining) our bodies to others instead of only to our spouses. 

Perhaps the greatest example is the woman with “five husbands” that the Lord rebukes. Be sure and notice that she wasn't attempting to lie to Jesus, it is just that she did not understand what constituted “marriage” in His eyes. Jesus was teaching on the subject of “living water” and a woman heard Him and asked for this water... now read carefully what follows. John 4:15-18: “The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.”

At this point she does not know He is God... she only called him, “Sir.” So, she is not trying to lie and rather innocently she states that she has no husband, listen to her words. (verse 17) “The woman answered and said, “...I have no husband...” She only knows there has never been a wedding party and she has never been given away and had no marriage feast. She ignorantly believes that is what makes a marriage?

But listen to the words of Christ... He sort of agrees with her about not having “A” (meaning only one husband) as He states: “ ...Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband...” Now, read very carefully His conclusion. Verse 18: “For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.” Be sure and see that Jesus did not say she only had sex with just five men... HE CALLED ALL OF THEM, “HER HUSBANDS!”

He also was not meaning she simply had sex with five men who were already married. Because He was clear to point out that ONLY the last... or her sixth husband... was not her own!!!!! (This man was presently married to another.)

This woman had had sexual intercourse (two shall become one flesh) with five different men thereby making her “married” to five men, and the “husband” she now was having sex with was already married to another. So, in the eyes of God she now had six husbands and all without a wedding party, guests, papers or anything other then having joined her body in intercourse with six different men.

I write this for two reasons. First to point out that this “two becoming one flesh marriage doctrine” applies to everyone... saved or not. This woman at the well was NOT a believer during the time she had her five husbands... yet, all were recognized by God as having been her husband and “married” to her. So, this is true of lost and saved alike as to what constitutes a Biblical marriage.

Secondly, I also write this because I guess I need to admit that I have had many “wives” in my lifetime and because of that I have caused many men who might otherwise even have been “Godly” men... to commit adultery. And they could be completely unaware that I knew their wives either before, or several girls... even after them! Even the five husbands of the woman at the well were all living in a state of adultery because of her, even if they did not know each other.

As for me though in my own day and bringing this all to the present... every time these men hold their wives and have a physical relationship (because of my past with their present wives) they are committing adultery! And they have no idea whatsoever!!! They are guilty of the sin of adultery because they are having sex with a woman who has been with another already!

The only way this is not true is if the Bible is not true!!! Because if you begin with Adam and Eve and EVERY man and woman who followed after them in the Bible and read how they were “married” in the eyes of God, you will see there was never a paper from a state, and many never even had guests or a party... it was just sexual congress and God recorded that was what caused “two to become one flesh.” Now married in His eyes and that is why the Bible says, “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” God joins two people together through them having sexual intercourse, and men and women put that asunder by committing adultery with another person beside their spouse.

In Deuteronomy chapter 22 you will see that it was of great importance that a girl be a virgin before she was given to a man. Read 22:13-22 and you will see that the family of the virgin actually kept the sheet she lay on the first time she had intercourse with the man to prove that she bled and had been a virgin and was never “married” before. This was called, “... The tokens of the damsel's virginity.”

Anyway, my admission is simple. I admit I have many, many, many times committed adultery from my youth and upward and have caused many men to live in a constant state of adultery along with their wives... even if the men are completely ignorant of this truth! Their wives, however, know. At least they know they have been with me.

My admission does no good really. I wouldn't even know the people to go back and attempt to apologize. Besides, that would do no good whatsoever. It is never possible to undo what has been done! But I would encourage you if you read this and have children to teach them the importance of remaining chaste before they meet and fall in love with just that “ONE” person. Otherwise, when that person does come along who they would give anything in life to be with... they now would force that person, if they chose to have a preacher call them married, to live in a state of continual sin just by being with them... that is because they had previously joined their body to another.

Finally just to further prove that it has always been sexual intercourse that makes a marriage and also breaks a marriage read “Marriage Laws” from the United States, and carefully read our Annulment Laws.

According to American law there are a few reasons given that an annulment can take place. Keep in mind that an annulment is far different from a divorce... an annulment, simply stated is that a marriage never even took place! Now our country recognizes several possible reasons whereas God just sees one, and of course that is intercourse. But under annulment in our own laws it states, “... physical incapacity to consummate the marriage...” Notice, even after the state grants its permission, gives a license, a service has taken place, guests attend, and someone officially declares them husband and wife!!! Yet, if intercourse does not follow this “marriage,” then this marriage is considered never to have happened! (This couple could have exchanged a thousand, “I love you(s)” kissed, touched and done many other acts which would intimate love for each other... but without intercourse there is no marriage!)

Again, sexual intercourse both in the eyes of God and the laws of America agree on this point that it is what creates a marriage... and adultery, (fornication) both in the eyes of God and in American law is also what breaks a marriage and calls for a bill of divorcement to be given!

So, today I continually live the life of a fallen man and by my actions and the consent of the women they now call “their wives” I force these (unnamed, unknown to me, and faceless) men to live in a constant state of adultery: as every time they lay down with their wives they are adulterers once again! And they are completely ignorant that this is happening to them and I am the cause! For that, I am truly sorry!!!

I've known all day today I was going to write something like this for Sunday and my 40th state sanctioned anniversary date and I figured I wouldn't sleep all that well? So now it is 11:33 pm and I'm just waiting until midnight as Saturday officially rolls into Sunday and I will post this.