Thursday, March 27, 2014

WHAT ARE THE ODDS???


Thursday March 27, 2014 12:16 pm

If there is a true mathematician out there who reads this I would be interested to find out what is the statistical probability of something that happened to me yesterday, and then again this morning? I really like numbers but this equation is above my understanding on how to figure it?

I also know I would need much more data to be given a fair chance of knowing it, like the number of songs played per hour, etc. But, I will relate what happened so that even a person with rudimentary math skills could tell in an instant it was unusual... to say the least!

Yesterday was a hard day for me so after 530 pm I decided to leave and sulk and maybe find solace? I figured whiskey sours might do the trick? I got in my car and started to drive away and I turned the radio on to a preset station (103.1) and a song was playing: Mine Would Be You. He was at the part where he sang, “...The best love ever Girl, can you tell me the one thing you'd rather die than lose? Cause mine would be you...” I quickly turned the radio off. I glanced at the time... 5:46 pm.

This station that I usually listen to is supposed to play no repeats in a day. So, I figured this is a much liked song and I imagined now must be the time of day it plays on its rotation?

This morning I had an early appointment so I got in my car and as I was driving away I switched the radio on and the SAME SONG was playing, but this time he is singing, “... What's your double dare, your go all in? The craziest thing you ever did? Plain as your name in this tattoo look on my arm, mine would be you...” I quickly switched it off. I noticed the time: 8:09 am!

Now, what do you think the odds are that I get into my car on two separate days: once in the late afternoon and once in the early morning and switch on a station that has NO REPEATS in the same day of playing their songs... and THAT SONG is playing!!!

I swear, if I ever have the courage to listen to the radio again and if Shelton is somewhere in the middle of that song when I turn it on then I'm fairly confident I would never voluntarily turn another radio on in my lifetime... ever!!!

Well, I'm showered and I just put a necklace around my neck, E (my traveling companion) is with me. My lucky rock is deep in my right pocket and I just slipped my hiking bracelet back on my right wrist... where I think it belongs!!!!!!!

Now, I'm off and I'm hoping to have a happier day today! I also wish the same for any and all who might stumble across my rantings... I wish you too to have a very happy day today!