Wednesday, September 10, 2014

BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON


Wednesday September 10, 2014 7:45 am

I'm on vacation!!! Of course, not a vacation where someone goes away and actually enjoys themselves: nope, not me! I mean, that sounds too normal and too much like fun! Instead, I think I'm going to stick around here for seven days and move boxes and stuff like that. However, it is still good to be away from work. (Albeit, one particular day of this seven day period I am planning on a short hike to get away and be by myself.)

Speaking of work... and normal? The last two nights because I was closing, and then riding home after that, I was able to witness a lot of stars and a couple of nights of a big, beautiful, Super-Moon. Which, naturally for me means senseless wishing, but this time... one more thing; I broke out into song! Yep, now comes the REALLY... not-so-normal part!

The Moon was big (hence, Super-Moon) so I started singing (as I was riding my bike at 12:30 in the a.m.) “By the Light of the Moon...” The biggest problem, besides the fact that I sing like crap is that I only know about twelve to fifteen words to that whole song. You know, “By the light, of the silvery Moon... I wanna spoon...” things like that. So in order to try and make up for that particular handicap (you know, me being an idiot) I decided to harmonize, AND in THREE parts.

So, I'm riding my bike through dark neighborhoods at a quarter to one in the morning... wishing on a Moon that hears nothing, and beginning to sing, in what I think is Falsetto? “By the light” (now Tenor) “By the light” (now here comes big-boy baritone) “By the light” and (now in unison??? yeah, try that as just one person... it ain't easy) “of the silvery (Falsetto) moon... (Tenor) moon... (Baritone) moon... I wanna spoon... spoon... spoon...” Yep, I'm a freak!

This morning as I'm recalling my actions of the last couple of nights I guess I sort of wish I knew what it was to be really “normal” like the majority of people. I bet they have fun when they don't have a zoo (where all the animals have escaped their cages) for a brain!

Well, I might be a freak, but today I'm a freak on vacation (sort of) and that can't be all bad! I hope any and all who might read this has a good day today!