Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fini ... Consumado, listo ... Es ist fertig gestellt ... etc. etc. etc.

Tuesday July 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Well, I suppose you get the point... I am finished! That is, I am finished with school-work for the summer and I don't start back up until August 20. I have been done for a little more than three hours now, as I uploaded my last assignment at 7:45 pm. As of this time, before everything I turned in this week in my classes gets graded: I have a solid "A" in one class with a perfect score, and only one assignment yet to be graded that is worth 50 points. Even if I would zero that one I would still be 950 out of a possible 1,000.

Another class I am clinging to an "A" with two large papers to be graded... they will make me or break me as those two are worth a combined (possible) 250 points. Depending upon how they are graded I will either have a solid "A," else I could drop to a low "B," but no worse than that.

My last class I am on life-support with a very low "B." I am at 80.839 as of this time. I think(?) the good news for me is all that I still have to be graded in that class are some writings, as all of my actual tests are done. So, we'll see how that goes?

I have been trying to find someone to celebrate with... no luck for me tonight ): I guess if you live nearby and you read this post, send me an email and we'll find some place to at least have a late-night or early morning breakfast? I don't know why but I seem to especially like a good omelette late at night... or the wee hours of the morning.

It has been storming here the past couple of hours, nothing too bad for us so far, just rain, a little wind... and lots of lightning. As I have watched out my window the last little while it has been a very good show!

Well, it's not very late yet... so, if you are nearby and want to go somewhere to eat... write me and we'll go. Depending upon the time you write our choices might be narrowed down to IHOP, or Denney's?

Hopefully I can get back to taking Virgil out for some good regular hikes now that I am done with this summer work. He was the first one I told this evening after I was done, and then I promised him a good walk very early in the morning. The temperature has been so high here that I can't take him out with me later in the day, it's just too hard on him.

I might wait until after my final paper is graded before I put it on my blog, but I think I will upload the argument paper I wrote for my English class on the subject of abortion on demand. I will finish this tonight by telling one story to show how touchy a subject this is. I, along with every other student enrolled in summer classes have had many different topics and papers to write for peer-review. Every single paper that I wrote, except the one on abortion was reviewed and commented upon by several different students. Overall I think all summer long we had a good exchange of ideas. However, according to the tracker on the discussion board my paper was read by 20 different people... yet, only one peer-reviewed it. I admire her for her courage.

Alright... a celebratory breakfast at whatever restaurant that we find open is on me... any takers? I'll wait for awhile to see if anyone reads this and responds in time for us to go.

(clarkmatthews1@aol.com)