Thursday, July 19, 2012

GETTING CLOSE TO BEING DONE!

Thursday July 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I thought I would catch anyone up who might read this blog on what I have left for school: that is, as of this time 10:24 pm, Thursday evening. I have been off work for the last two days and I have gotten an amazing amount of work done, even, toward next week... which is also my final week for the summer semester!

There are five separate papers I have already written and saved to my email... I did that just in case the unthinkable might happen and my system would crash? Monday all I have to do is save them in rtf. format and upload them to the appropriate classes and I will be about 60% done for the week and with four whole days off work. My goal is to have 100% of my work done by Wednesday evening so I can have the full weekend off for myself! My old bike has been calling out to me.

The other night our two oldest granddaughters came to our house for a sleepover and they ended up staying awake until about 5:00 am... they actually outlasted me by a couple of hours. However, at 7:15 am I was shaking them awake and singing songs to them: they were not real happy with me! It was fun though having them over and tonight we have two more girls with us: Hallie and Erika. As I type this they are in the other room watching, "The Adventures of Tintin."

Tomorrow it will be Hazel and Leni's turn... except I don't think Leni will come for the night: maybe for a movie, but after that she will most probably want to go and be with her mom. Tonight as Missy was dropping off the girls, Leni powered her window down to wave at me. I hollered and told her it would be her turn to stay tomorrow night.

She grinned and said, "Uh-uh." I kept nodding my head (yes) and I told her I would see her tomorrow and how much fun she would have. All the way (as her mom backed out of the drive and started down the road) Leni was grinning at me while shaking her head (no) and repeating, "Uh-uh... Uh-uh... Uh-uh" ... so, I guess she will not be staying after all (:

I think Virgil will also be very happy when my school work is done next week, although I haven't been ignoring him I haven't been able to take him for any long walks either. I am hoping to make up for that a week from Saturday and take him for a long hike with me.

One more thing... To date, I have one class which is admittedly fairly easy and I have a perfect score in it. I have another class and my grade at this time is an "A" but I do not have a perfect score. And my hardest class... the one I thought I would do so very well in: after seven weeks I have finally brought it up to a low "B" ... 82.67 percent at this time. My only goal in this one is to stay out of the "C" range (: However, once everything is done for the semester I will be honest and report my grades, regardless what they are?

Well, it's going on 11:00 and I think I will go and join two of my grandchildren and watch a few minutes of the movie with them. I hope everyone has a good night!