Wednesday, August 01, 2012

IT'S A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE

Wednesday August 1, 2012 8:21 pm


Well, I did something today that I had never before done in my life... I ate at a Chick-fil-A restaurant. Admittedly they do not have much on their menu that I can eat, but I did find a yogurt parfait which was awfully good.

The only time I had ever before been in one of their establishments was one time I found an expensive phone in the parking lot and upon calling one of the numbers in its memory I found it belonged to the wife of the man who owns the local franchise in Clarksville. That day I took it to the store and handed it to an employee. That was my extent of anything to do with Chick-fil-A until this afternoon at about three o'clock.

Normally I would never have waited in a line that stretched all the way out the door, but I really wasn't there for the food. I was there to support the idea of free-speech. We never coordinated or planned it this way, but once I was actually inside the restaurant I saw that Steph and Roger were there with all of their children. Missy had called me at work early that morning and said if I was going there at some time during the day to be prepared for a long wait, as she was in their drive-thru for a long time. I also know that at some time during the day, Tammy went there to eat as well.

Whether you agree or not with the sentiments expressed by Dan Cathy is immaterial. (I happen to agree with them.) The point is that any person with any sense whatsoever ought to be fighting mad by certain liberals on the left who are trying to censor a private individual from expressing his own views!

Those on the left can never win in an honest debate. Because that is true they try to say that any person on any subject who disagrees with them must be doing it out of hate or prejudice. It seems that liberals are the most "open-minded" people on any subject... as long as you agree with them! However, whenever you disagree they run away and hide behind silly catch-phrases and sound bytes.

I mean, think about it. The statement Dan Cathy made is held by a very large majority of Americans. In fact, those states that have had votes on the subject of homosexual marriages overwhelmingly goes against homosexuals. Usually, at that time you will have a liberal court, or judge, who panders to that community and will step in and try to overturn the will of the voting public.

I told several in the break-room today that I only wish I had had the foresight to have bought Chick-fil-A stock... I'm quite sure the Cathy family and stockholders in Chick-fil-A this evening will be laughing all the way to the bank, as this will be a record setting day in sales for that company!

If you have never before eaten there, I can make one recommendation you might like? Try their strawberry yogurt parfait, it really is good. I have been told there might be some sort of counter-protest this Friday... if that's true: well, I suppose that I will be eating another parfait from that same restaurant sometime this Friday (: