Friday, December 28, 2012

MORE PICTURES & MORE STORIES

Friday December 28, 2012 11:09 am (New post at 4:03 pm) I have posted 7 more pictures to this blog and there are now 17. The next time I find more pictures to post I will start another blog.


Lilie hated having her picture taken and I am pointing out that someone is sneaking up and just about to do that (: This is probably '87.
















It  is also possible that in the above picture some student might have been trying to get me... the reason, the ever-present Coke in my hand. Because on a different day the picture I posted below will show something similar. We were not supposed to have soft drinks at school and I always told the students that I never drank the stuff (: Of course they knew I did but I still pretended to deny it. So, I used to tell them that if they ever had proof of me drinking Coke, besides what was in my hand then I guess I would just have to believe it? Naturally, whenever they had a picture as proof I just simply would not look at it (: Anyway, it was a running joke and someone was always trying to get the "proof." Kids are fun!


















This next picture we are doing a comedy skit for the school and we are doing it in black-face. For this routine I had to use a "lot" of padding... but Deb just a little bit. John plays our son in this one (:
















If you have ever kept and used a full size pool table in your living-room please raise your hand. What, am I the only one with my hand up? Now, don't I feel stupid (: This was early in '82


















This next one was the first time I had surgery on one of my knees... I was 20.
















Preacher absolutely hated this next picture. It was badly torn and I had to trim the edges because he tried to get it from Ted so he could throw it away and it ripped. (lol) It is because Ted and I are in a hot tub with some people and one of them was the founder of Word of Life Ministries, Jack Wyrtzen. And, just off to my right (the part he grabbed at) there was a girl (: This was '83. Although it was completely innocent, this was also the same girl that Ted took a picture of when we were in the van together and riding back home and she fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. He kept it for a long time and he told me it was his "blackmail" picture of me just in case he ever needed me to do something for him? lol Ted was a hoot!
















Evidently I can not speak without using my hands? I'm not sure what would happen if I ever tried... maybe I would just blow up (: This was 1985.
















This next picture was taken in 1972, I was 16 and we were heading south to Tijuana, Mexico. From l-r there is Dad, Mom, me, Rhonda, and Jeff. Earl and Randy are in back and giving me and Rhonda a nice set of rabbit ears (: I was just now thinking as I uploaded this picture that of the seven people in the picture... three are dead, and one is in prison. And no... the person in prison is not me, even though at times it might feel like that to me. lol
















We were out of town for some conference but for the life of me I cannot remember which one? This was 1986.
















It is a very early morning in February 1974 and we are in Sunland, California getting ready for a somewhat infamous climb into the foothills of the San Gabriel mountain range. My sister Sandy, Shannon, me and Deb. I had turned 18 three months before and Deb had turned 18 just days before this trip.


















This next picture is not one that I would have originally included at all. In fact, when I first thought of posting pictures and writing this blog my idea was for a definite period of time. Because "time" is what I had in mind when I first had the idea for this blog. However, the next picture certainly doesn't fit in my preset parameter because this was taken not that many years ago. However, I decided to include it even though I had first tossed it aside when I was hunting for pictures. It has to do with me grinning. Evidently I just can't seem to help myself... pretty girls make me smile (: I know that they are also smiling, but they can't help it because that is what they are paid to do.


















This next picture was at Disneyland in California... 1972. That was so long ago that tickets to Disneyland was bought in book form and marked A-E: with E tickets being for the better rides.



















Long, long time ago... this was one of my favorite pastimes. This was early 1978.

















The evidence of fishing exhibited... although several years later: summer 1983. I love Missy's face in this picture. I think she is thinking, "poor little fish?"

















On yesterday's blog there is already a picture similar to this one on Ohio Ave. in Charleston. I included this one though because Mom was in it.


















I had bought an old bread truck and converted it into a camper... this next picture was one of the many trips we took in it. This was summertime 1981. Me and the three girls.

















For now I will stop with this picture. Billy and I had been putting a new roof on the building behind the church. It was time for a break and I was drinking iced tea (: