Friday, December 28, 2012

THREE MORE PICTURES

Friday December 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I had an idea for this blog and it was the posting of pictures and their ability to capture time? I mean, that's what pictures do... isn't it? They stop or freeze time and no one ages or ever changes, at least in the pictures? So, what if.... what if... there was magic in pictures? Now, I don't mean real magic... just "movie magic" where everything becomes possible, even if it really isn't possible ):

I work tomorrow and am presently out of pictures: so with this post I will be done until I can scare up some more pictures to post. The first of the three pictures will be the cheerleaders for TLCS. They were there to cheer for the boys basketball team, but whoever snapped this picture only included those who were cheering (: The year was '89. Also, I am able to upload these pictures by taking a picture of the old picture using my "eye" phone. Then, I upload them to my mail and save them to my computer and then forward them to my blog... I think I just made myself dizzy telling about that convoluted process! ANYWAY... Sometimes you might see an extra background in a few of them: like part of my screen-saver in the one below? There were a few I had to retake else part of my left thumb would have been included. lol

















This next picture was taken in Parkersburg, WV and I was managing a used car lot on Route 47. The girls are not much more than babies and I had just turned 20.


















The last one for tonight and this blog was taken in the first schoolhouse for TLCS and I had invited a park ranger and his famous companion to come and meet the kids and talk about fire-prevention. I was 27.


















It has been "bittersweet" for me doing this, and assuming I can find more pictures of myself during those particular ages I will post some of them as well. However, most all of the pictures taken back then (at least as it relates to family) I was the one who was taking the pictures. (And, that is almost 100% true for the many videos we used to record.)


Well, I am off to go in the other room and watch Sliding Doors. It is on Netflix until the first of January and I think I want to see it again. Good night all (: