Friday, January 17, 2014

A LITTLE SNOW


Friday January 17, 2014 6:10 am

I'm off to work in a few minutes. If have to work at least today is my favorite shift: opener! Then, I work tomorrow and I'm off Sunday. Right now I'm almost to the end of my worst rotation with only two days off in 12 days, so I hate that monthly rotation!

We are back to experiencing colder temperature here in the Midwest. Actually I don't mind too much but if we are having the cold I would like to see a good snowfall as well... but so far that's not happening. (My wife did just inform me though that at this time it is apparently snowing with “big” flakes falling :)

Yesterday was day one for me on my new diet plan, periodically I will probably write about it and keep any who reads up-to-date with my progress.

Emily Dickinson wrote a short poem called, 'A Little Snow was here and there.' I'll leave everyone with that today.

A little Snow was here and there
Disseminated in her Hair --
Since she and I had met and played
Decade had gathered to Decade --

But Time had added not obtained
Impregnable the Rose
For summer too indelible
Too obdurate for Snows

I hope everyone has a good day today! Me... I'm off to work and then to a new movie tonight!