Thursday, January 16, 2014

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose


Thursday January 16, 2014 8:05 am

Have you ever had strange things happen to you? Example: you have a dream about someone and then you see them? Or, a person comes unbidden to your thoughts and out of the blue they call you? Things like that is what I'm meaning. If that has ever happened to you how do you explain it? (Also in either of those two examples it can not be someone you see or hear from often else there would be no great mystery.) Do you think it's some left over vestige from the early days of man like what Adam and Eve might have possessed... and through the passage of time and great sin we have lost? Yet, this “mental telepathy” still seems to hang around at the very edges of our subconscious mind to occasionally appear, and give us a glimpse of what might have been considered normal at one time on Earth? Regardless the reason... odd things do happen. For today's blog I will use the accepted idea of contemporary man and simply call such things, “odd coincidences.”

I suppose in every person's life there are dates that are important to them... anniversaries if you will? Of course, some dates we mark and take note of are of the happy variety: birthday's, Christmas, etc. Then, naturally there are also anniversary dates we mark that are solemn or sad, e.g., December 7th or September 11th comes to mind. Anyway, for me, yesterday was a sad anniversary date. No fanfare of course, for none but me would even know its meaning: nonetheless, I didn't like it! However, in marking its passage it has spurred me to (in my mind) accept an “enough is enough” philosophy and to try something new in my life. Well, I guess not really new as I've been there before but I guess “newer” is more accurate... and with a new set of parameters and with a different goal and purpose this time around.

In part, and only in part I will now explain why I spent another night tossing and turning and trying to sleep before giving up and getting up to shower, shave, and dress for another day. During my last break at work I was drinking a “Naked” berry drink and pondering certain things in my mind when an old guy from the paint department came in and sat down beside me. Many years ago he had attended seminary and had studied to be a priest and had failed and I also had failed in my life in the ministry so whenever he comes in and sits beside me he usually has something on his mind. And by that I only mean more than the mundane talk which helps to pass the time during breaks.

So, for the next several minutes we exchanged ideas about the verse found in Ecclesiastes 1:9 as he had brought that up. It's funny, but the verse was perfect because I had already been mulling that same thought over in my mind. Except what I had been thinking was the more pessimistic example the French use and what I chose for the title of my blog this morning. In essence, both that old Proverb and Ecclesiastes are saying the same thing. So, I guess I had already decided that 757, 382, 400 seconds are enough! lol

Also beginning today I am starting a food cleanse that will be 100% vegan and gluten-free. I will continue this until I reach my weight loss goal I had set some time back. I think this will help to cleanse me physically as well as help me to reach my goal that diet and exercise alone has not allowed me to reach and maintain.

I hope all who reads this has a great day! (As that is also my goal for myself as well.)