Thursday, February 25, 2016

AS GOOD AS IT GETS

Thursday February 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Fortunately I was off today and after I got a few errands run I came home and was flipping through channels and I saw a movie coming on that I had not seen in awhile. (The title for this blog is the movie of the same name.)

I decided to watch it for one scene and one scene only... however, there was a problem. I have been beat lately and always tired, so, at some point later in the movie, and obviously before the scene I wanted to see and the line I wanted to hear: I fell asleep. (I awoke to watch the last five minutes only.)

The scene I missed, but know so well caused me to want to write and ask if any person reading this has ever known another human being that because of them, and only for them, they make you long to be a better man?

Or, is your life more like the scene as Melvin is leaving his psychiatrist's office and feeling defeated, so he asks no one in particular but everyone in general, "Is this as good as it gets?"