Thursday, February 25, 2016

MY VIEW KEEPS CHANGING

Thursday February 25, 2016 10:59 am

The first 15 months we lived here my large glass topped circular desk sat in the same spot in my upstairs office. However, in the brief period since I have been relegated to a small spot downstairs (with a different and much smaller desk) this is now the FOURTH TIME I find my desk moved. However, this one I actually like... sort of.

My desk now sets in a corner of the living-room and it's angled so as I type I can see out our front window. Now, I freely admit that the view is ugly, (all concrete and business store-fronts) however, it is also a busy view with lots to see.

One view, often on display, comes from the Jefferson Villa Motel which sets at about the 10:00 position from where I am presently typing. Apparently this motel offers amenable accommodations at affordable rates to many crack-addled men and women. The police are often there searching the rooms for who knows what? But, if I find I am both home and bored during one of these many raids it's still something to watch and enjoy.

Setting at about the 2:00 position from where I type sets a coin laundry-mat... recently closed. Before it closed all day and all night (24 coin operated) there was constant activity. Other than people washing their clothes a lot of other activity was also in play.

There were young girls constantly offering their services to men who came in to do their wash and guys selling drugs. I talked to the transient the laundry manager hired to mow the ditch that runs beside that property and he told me the needle count he had picked up the last time he mowed... it was a double digit number.

If you read this and you don't know me or where I live you might get the idea that we live in an inner city ghetto of a large city? We don't, we actually live on a quiet side street in a small mid-western town. I guess that drugs and sex for sale are everywhere regardless where you live. I suppose it's just that I happen to be in a place where I can sit and watch other people's misery unfold... good times :)