Thursday, February 04, 2016

NOSTALGIA

Thursday February 4, 2016 8:01 pm

A couple of hours ago I was scrolling through channels and as I passed FX I saw where a movie was getting ready to play. I think I smiled, but I kept scrolling, yet not for long.

I got up and got a cold drink from the refrigerator and returned to the previous channel and began watching. This was now the third time for me to see it. (Well, to be fair the first time I saw almost none of it, and the second time it was hard to sit through.)

But, this time it was almost nice :)

Early on there was a scene and a line where the star is lamenting that they no longer have their ride home, and he describes this man's face in rather strong language. I sat there watching and could still hear in a teasing voice that sentiment and line being repeated over and over. The memory was now, and I suppose  always will be bittersweet... but at times throughout the movie tonight I could actually hear that voice, and I would smile and sometimes even laugh out loud.

Never has the following truth been more true than now... as I sit here and type: "We do not remember days, we remember moments." ~ Pavese