Sunday, December 30, 2012

More pictures (:

Sunday December 30, 2012 12:43 am

The first two I am going to post I think are very funny. In fact, when I found the second one this evening I laughed out loud. If you have read the past couple of posts you will see that I have been uploading several pictures. Anyway, two pictures that I have already put on my blog were taken during the time we lived in a house on Ohio Avenue in Charleston, WV. So, I was looking through several boxes of pictures and I found another one taken that was similar to the other two and I thought it was crazy that so many were taken... and from nearly the same spot? Then... I saw the fourth one and I laughed out loud (: Evidently we had mistaken that street for an Olan Mills Studio?















The good news about this next picture is that at least you can see Ohio Avenue from the other end of the street (:















In another blog I wrote about our youth minister having taken a picture of me that he deemed his "blackmail" picture? Well, I'm almost 100% certain that Preacher got ahold of that one and tore it up... as he tried to the other one (: But, I did find a picture that was taken right before we headed out. All of the kids in the picture are from Ted's college where he taught. This was also the same college that sometimes I would go and be a guest lecturer. The girl in front wearing red slacks is the one he had taken the picture of as she had fallen asleep against me. I was actually invited on the trip to be the one who drove... but, I didn't drive all the way both directions, that is how I ended up asleep in the back.














Speaking of sleep (: Neither Ted nor Lilie could be trusted not to do things to you if they caught you asleep. Most of the time on the many trips we took with the church I was the designated driver... which I didn't mind. However, sometimes the trips were long and I was sleepy by the time we got to our destination and I would fall asleep for a little while. Back then it was easier for me to sleep then it is now. The following picture is what Lilie did to me when she caught me asleep in my motel room after one of my long drives. Of course, I never knew anything was ever done to me until the trip was over and we were back home and the film was developed. On another trip she had put a big orange Cheeto's between my lips and took my picture that way. lol You certainly couldn't trust either one of them if you fell asleep and they were around (: 














There are three of us in this picture... one of the girls, my nephew Jeff (the very tall one) and me. I don't remember which lake we were at?















I had told the girls I was buying them a six-week-old puppy. They were so excited! I guess I never realized that they were imagining some tiny little thing. However, I did bring home a six-week-old puppy... but "Brandy" was a St Bernard and he was already almost as big as the girls. They were so disappointed ):

















I had read in the paper that in a couple of weeks they were going to be shooting certain scenes for a movie that was being made and everybody was welcome to come out, because it was in a stadium and they needed a lot of people to fill the stands. Anyway, in preparation for the period movie I grew a mustache and the girls and everyone dressed up and we all arrived early.

Once there I found out that there was a separate line you could get in and a casting director was going to be coming by and it was possible that you could be selected for a little bit larger scene than just being in a crowd shot? The girls and everyone had dressed really well and they all looked great so I thought it might be fun if we got in that line and saw what would happen?

There were several hundred people who all had the same idea and the lines were extremely long. About fifteen minutes after we had been assembled two people came out of a trailer: a woman and a man and the woman was evidently doing the picking. She walked very quickly past the people in line and we were probably about halfway back. Anyway, as she briskly walked past all of us we heard her say to the guy with the clipboard, "I like his face." But, the lines were deep and she was already past us so we didn't know who it was she had picked?

Then, the guy turned and came back to me and said she wanted me. I was hesitant because I didn't want to leave the girls when I had told them we were making a day of it, but they were all encouraging me to go so I started after her until I caught up to her... and then I asked her if she had a part where all of us could be in it? She said no that she just needed a guy. So, I thanked her but said that I wasn't interested and I went back to them. The girls were disappointed in me for not doing it but I just didn't feel right to leave them for the entire day.

I assured the girls that had I done whatever part it was that my bit piece would have ended up on the cutting room floor anyway. However, I did use that line a lot for the next several months whenever I was trying to get my way in something. I would say, yeah but... "...she liked my face." I finally quit using it after Deb said one time... "That's been your problem Rob... everybody likes your face." (lol) I mean, I was only kidding... a guy can't even tell a joke around here (:







 









I probably have another twenty pictures I found but I don't think I will be doing any more of this for awhile. Perhaps every so often I will upload another one. Well, I have to be up for work at five in the morning... and I'm not yet tired enough to sleep but I suppose I ought to at least try? Good night all!