Wednesday, February 27, 2013

JUST A THOUGHT ABOUT GOD AND ANIMALS PLUS VIDEO

 
Wednesday February 27, 2013 5:08 am, 2:36 pm

So far, it has been a long night. I haven't yet slept as Virgil wasn't doing so well last night so I stayed up with him. I used a couple of blankets and I made us a bed on the floor in the living room and sat beside him and just petted and talked to him throughout the night. As I type this he is laying beside me in my office and licking his paws. He just came back inside from making his toilet and his paws are wet :)

Although I tried to be quiet I suppose Deb heard the outside door opening and closing as I had to let him out many times and she is now up and in the kitchen fixing food for them. A little while ago I ran to Meijer's to pick up chicken and a few other things for them to eat. Thankfully we live nearby several stores that are open 24 hours.

Yesterday when we were at the vet's and in the waiting room there were three of us waiting with our pets to be seen. There was an elderly lady with a very old and small dog of mixed breed, she sat near the entrance door. There was a young “farm girl” with a crate and four small boxer pups in it and there was me and Virgil. The other two were already waiting when Virgil and I came in. After signing in I moved to the farthest point from the door and sat down just in case a dog came into the room that Virgil might take exception to :)

This put me beside the girl with the crate full of puppies. She was cute with that great big box of puppies and I said that she was a farm girl because she had boots on and they had mud on them, so you could tell she really does live in the country. We exchanged stories about our dogs to pass the time.

The reason I am telling this story is to explain what happened next. A very old man came out from one of the examination rooms and he had two small dogs on a leash: a very old poodle and another dog that I am not certain of its breed. As he was walking toward the exit door I called out to him because his poodle had its legs wrapped in its lead and that was making it hard for it to walk. At first he didn't hear me so the girl beside me called out to him and got his attention.

Anyway, at this point he stopped and looked over and then he came over to us instead of heading out the door. I can give you some idea of his age, at least compared to me by his opening statement: he began, “Son...” At my present age, only those older than dirt could rightly begin a conversation with me and start it with the word, “son.”

He said to me, “Son, I want to tell you a story. I died last year and I went to heaven...” At this time I had been looking at his face and smiling, now I looked at the baseball cap he had on his head and it had JESUS written in script across the front.

I looked back at his face as he was continuing with his story, “... and I saw Jesus and everything was so beautiful... and there were animals everywhere! So, don't let any preachers tell you that there are no animals in heaven... because I saw 'em there.” He finished with, “I just wanted to tell you that.” I thanked him and told him that was a nice thought. Then he turned and left with his two little dogs leading the way. Just as he finished his story the girl with the boxer puppies was called in to be seen by Dr. Moore.

I will upload my video sometime later today. I hope all that I love has a wonderful day today!




 Virgil's sweet face!!! (After a long night.)