Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"THANK YOU" AND A FEW OTHER THOUGHTS PLUS VIDEO AND PICTURE

 
Tuesday February 26, 2013 7:09 am, 4:11 pm

First, “Happy birthday... Leni” who turns four today! I guess that means a meal sometime today at her place of choice. All of the grandchildren have so many “things” and toys that it is nearly impossible to buy them anything different for their birthdays that would really get used or was needed. So, this year, for the first time, we decided that on each of their birthdays instead of buying toys or other gifts we would have them choose a place they like to eat and we would take them there. Hopefully they might enjoy this more? However, I am also cognizant of the fact that there is only a very narrow window in a child's life when doing something with Grandpa or Grandma might be more enjoyable than getting something tangible. So, I had made the decision to try and take advantage of this now, rather than wait for the day when friends and others have become more important to them.

I called in to work a few minutes ago because there is something I have to take care of today... so I thought I would just pass along bits of information this morning and then sometime later today I will upload whatever video I record.

First, I would like to thank everyone who prayed for a much loved one who had been sick and is now getting better... I do want to ask that everyone who is saved and really knows how to pray to please continue until this person is completely, and (hopefully) once and for all healed from this!

In addition there are so many others who are also sick and my heart is heavy for them as well. Last evening my wife showed me a picture of one of the finest and most humble men I have known in my lifetime and he looked very ill indeed. She also showed me a picture of a baby I know and the family I know even better... and this baby is also extremely ill with a disease that, according to human doctors, there is no hope for a cure and it is just a matter of time... and that “time” is not long. I could only look at her sweet and innocent face for just a few seconds before I turned away. Life can be very sad!

At times life can be so good and so fun that you can only marvel at God who could create such things as this! Then, there are the other times when it is apparent that this world is NOT God's kingdom and we know who is actually in charge of this place. Jesus clearly stated that, “...satan is the god of this world...” and we know that is true also because in the temptation of Christ the old devil tried to get Christ to worship him and he said that if Jesus would do this then he would give, “... all the kingdoms of the world...” to Christ. (I see that truth also in the sick faces and the hurting bodies of those I love.) I also have a special unspoken prayer request to ask people to pray for as well... thank you!

I hope everyone has a good day today! One more thing: a couple of hours ago I awoke from a very deep sleep to the sounds of a real thunderstorm! At first I thought it seemed awfully early in the season for that sound I like so much, then I realized it is really right on time as we are just a few days away from March! Are you wanting to know what I was dreaming... as I was awoken? Vampires!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I had fallen asleep about two in the morning and shortly after an episode ended on a series I have been watching, and I suppose I dreamed that way because of that show?

Alright... I'll stop this now and add my video later. Everyone... try to do something “good” today and also find a way to do something that is also enjoyable... because life is short!




Virgil and Stella are asleep coming back from the vets and Virgil has his head resting on her back. They look cute together :)